CUT-THROATS NINE (1971)
THEY CALL ME TRINITY (1971)
TRINITY IS STILL MY NAME (1972)
THE GRAND DUEL (1972)
MY NAME IS NOBODY (1973)
FOUR OF THE APOCALYPSE (1975)
KEOMA (1976)
A MAN CALLED BLADE (1977)

…so any not on this list that you’d like to refer me to, I’d appreciate it!

This is quite hard. But check this page: Essential Top 20 Films - The Spaghetti Western Database which is a list by the forum members and their favourite westerns. Also interesting ist the staff favourite lis. You find it here: Staff favorites - The Spaghetti Western Database

One movie you definetely have to watch: Day of Anger ( http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Day_Of_Anger )

Essential :

The Great Silence - Sergio Corbucci
The Big Gundown - Sergio Sollima
The Mercenary - Sergio Corbucci
Day of Anger - Tonino Valerii
Face to Face - Sergio Sollima

Personally recommended:

Bandidos - Dallamano
The Bounty Killer - Euginio Martin
Pistoleros - Alfio Caltabiano

It’s difficult to recommend you any SW when we don’t know your taste. Which of these you watched you liked and which not?

I would recommend Django (1966), because it’s not in your list. :wink:

I’d agree with Lode. The database Top 20 list is a safe place to start. Any film on there that you haven’t seen would be well worth a look for any new fan.

Try a Sartana or two.

Haven’t seen the original Django yet? I’d definitely recommend that one.

Yep, our top20 is a perfect place to look for the must-see films. And don’t forget the 10-20 best outside the list too, all classic stuff. Personally I’d suggest God Forgives… I Don’t , Bandidos and $10,000 Blood Money.

I noticed that the movies that you have seen are all available on Region 1 DVD. If you don’t have one already, get a region free DVD player or download VLC player on your computer, so you can watch all the great PAL releases.

All of the titles I would have suggested have already been recommended by others.
But, I just wanted to say…you really should watch DJANGO!!
And when you do…make sure to watch it in the original Italian with English subtitles. The English dubbing on that film is really bad! Not only does it make some of the characters sound incredibly stupid…it alters some of the story, slightly.

If the Colonel is guessing right and you are a Region 1 buyer in North America then the following are a few titles easily available there at a reasonable price which are worth a look for sure.

A Minute to Pray, A Second to Die
Django Kill
Run Man Run
Today We Kill, Tomorrow We Die
Texas Adios

and of course…Django!
(Which, by the way, Chris is absolutely correct about. Watch it in italian with english subs. A much better experience.)

All the previous posts here have great recommndations. And they are also correct that your Spaghetti universe will expand greatly if you gain the capacity to view outside of NTSC region 1. (if you don’t already)
My life became richer and my wallet became smaller after I bought a region free DVD player. If you live in the states I can tell you where to get one that is not too expensive.
It looks like you already have some of the FrancoCleef DVDs so you probably already know about xploitedcinema.com
Wild East has a terrific collection as well. (Pistoleros and Cjamago are two of my favs)
If you can manage it, get Cemetery Without Crosses. Maybe try The Great Silence first, though. Both are serious, dark films that have unique looks and non-hollywood stories/endings.
You have a lot of fun viewing ahead! ;D

Okay, I took y’all’s advice and started with Django. Surprising how unpredictable it is.

I’m looking for some recommendable SW that weren’t yet released in Germany/Switzerland/Austria.

Besides the Leone-SW I really love the SW like La resa dei conti (The Big Gundown), Faccia a Faccia (Face to Face), Se sei vivo spara (Django, Kill!), Il grande silenzio (The Big Silence), Anda muchacho, spara! (Dead Men Ride), Keoma, Il ritorno die Ringo (The Return of Ringo), Johnny Hamlet, Una nuvola di polvere… un grido di morte… arriva Sartana (Light the Fuse… Sartana Is Coming), Gli fumavano le Colt… lo chiamavano Camposanto (They Call Him Cemetery), 10.000 dollari per un massacro ($10,000 Blood Money), Testa t’ammazzo, croce… sei morto… Mi chiamano Alleluja (They Call Me Hallelujah), Najavo Joe, Tepepa, El precio de un hombre (The Bounty Killer) or E Dio disse a Caino… (And God Sait to Cain).

What about other SW that weren’t yet released in Germany (e.g. God’s Gun, Johnny Yuma etc.)?

Thanks for your recommendations.

What about other SW that weren’t yet released in Germany (e.g. God’s Gun, Johnny Yuma etc.)?

God`s Gun is OK, Johnny is great. Both are in mill creeks 20 spaghetti westerns box and quality is good enough. In same box are also beyond the law, death rides a horse and minnesota clay, decent films.

Thank you, i’ll try that SW box! ;D

I have seen now about 46 Spaghetti Westerns and I’m still hungry for more, please give me your recommendations, I would highly appreciate it! :slight_smile:

• I have seen all the films from SWBD’s Essential top-50 except these (the films in bold are already on my watchlist!): Sabata, Tepepa, Light the Fuse … Sartana is Coming, God Forgives I Don’t, El Puro, Kill and Pray, Four of the Apocalypse, Matalo, Ace High, Trinity is still my name, The Bounty Killer, Django the Bastard, Shoot the Living and Pray for the Dead, They Call Him Cemetery, They Call Me Trinity, A Stranger in Town.

• All the other SWs outside top-50 that I have seen are: The Ruthless Four, The Hellbenders, Viva Django!, Vengeance Is Mine, Anda muchacho, spara!, Taste of Killing, I Want Him Dead, The Price of Power, Cost of Dying, In a Colt’s Shadow, I’ll Sell My Skin Dearly, Today We Kill Tomorrow We Die!

• These films are also my watchlist: Goodbye Texas, Duel in the Eclipse, El Sabor de la Venganza, Black Jack, A Minute to Pray A Second to Die, Night of the Serpent (Ringo Kill), The Unholy Four, The Price of Death, Johnny Yuma and Minnesota Clay.

• Outside Leone’s, Corbucci’s and Sollima’s classics these are the kind of Spaghetti Westerns that I’m always looking for (I have already seen these all):

• Cemetery Without Crosses (this is in my top-5, a very important SW for me)
    • $10,000 Blood Money
    • The Ruthless Four (IMO underrated gem from Capitani)
    • The Forgotten Pistolero (I like Ferdinando Baldi’s style here and the soundtrack is amazing!)
    • Viva Django!
    • Dead Men Ride (Anda muchacho, spara!)

I’d have a look on Amazon.de for copies of the Koch release of Dead Men Ride. The prices bounce around so much, you might get a seller who ships worldwide too. I got mine for only 9 pounds a few years ago, then the price went to around 60 euros.

I have already seen Dead Men Ride, those final films in the list are just examples of the style that I like. :stuck_out_tongue:

When you also like the funny/goofy ones, I would recommend you THEY CALL ME HALLELUJAH and from your listed ones THEY CALL HIM TRINITY, TRINITY IS STYLL MY NAME, THEY CALL HIM CEMETERY and LIGHT THE FUSE… SARTANA IS COMING. From the serious ones that you’ve listed I would highly recommend THE BOUNTY KILLER with Tomas Milian (you know him from the Sollimas)!

However, I think you should watch all SW that you’ve listed and haven’t seen! ;D