Le Streghe 1967

Has anybody seen this relatively unknown Eastwood-film by Italian director Vittorio De Sica?

[quote=“Silvanito, post:1, topic:538”]Has anybody seen this relatively unknown Eastwood-film by Italian director Vittorio De Sica?

[/quote]
i’ve wanted to see this for years but i’ve never managed to track it down, the English title is “THE WITCHES”

Yes, I have seen this film, and to say the least it is very interesting.

Eastwood is only in about a 20 minute segment, and it is the most different role Eastwood has starred in in his whole career I think.

Music for part of the film is by Morricone, and is very 60’ ish in style to say the least.

You will not read or see Eastwood ever speak about this film very much.

The film had a very limited release in the U.S, as it was so far away from the image Eastwood had developed in the Dollar series, and the U.S studio system eventually put a lid on the film.

In fact I have just sold 15 very rare U.S press stills to this film, which had some striking and weird images in.

A film which is well worth seeking out , merely just for curiosity value really.

i think i have seen some of these images, does one contain Eastwood jumping onto a bed or something like that.

Yes, thats right, quite an unusual image.

This image always sticks in my mind when I think of this film.

I saw it once on TV. Totally ridiculous. But the ladies might get a kick out of Clint running around in his drawers.

Just saw Ennioo’s link to this in a separate posting.

It’s only the 5th part called “Una sera come le altre / An Evening like the Others” that is directed by De Sica and stars Clint.

Someone has uploaded the English language version with Clint’s own voice on YouTube: Clint Eastwood in "The Witches" (aka: "Le Streghe") - Part 1 - YouTube

Re the Eastwood segment of the film.

Eastwood is speaking to his wfe re what film to see at the cinema, and mentions A Fistful Of Dollars ;D .

The Piero Piccioni part of the score gets the most complete soundtrack release soon on the 29th June: