Koch Media DVDs

(Reverend Danite) #161

[quote=“Stanton, post:158, topic:1132”]Urgent.

Koch Media is looking for a copy of the Franco Cleef DVD of Shango.
Please PM me if you are able to help[/quote]
I’ve got it - I’ll pm ya.

(Chris_Casey) #162

[quote=“Stanton, post:158, topic:1132”]Urgent.

Koch Media is looking for a copy of the Franco Cleef DVD of Shango. This includes a trailer for Shango which they are looking for to include as bonus on their forthcoming Shango DVD.

At best it would be a member who is able to load this trailer up to a FTP of Koch Media.

Please PM me if you are able to help[/quote]

I was about to say that it is very strange that Koch Media can’t reach Franco Cleef directly…but, then I remembered that Ulrich Bruckner is no longer at Koch!
He and Franco Cleef are friends.

(Stanton) #163

They have written to Franco C but didn’t received an answer yet. Now there’s not much time left to include the trailer.

(Silence) #164

The trailer is available on YouTube, if that would help.

(Dillinger) #165

Is it too expensive for them to BUY the DVD?

(Karl) #166

From where do you think had Franco Cleef got the master with the German title?

(Stanton) #167

Today is the day The Mercenary was not released …

(Bluntwolf) #168

Yep, they said something like Feb. 5th-9th!?

(Chris_Casey) #169

Amazon.de says it will be released on Feb. 4th.
And that the estimated delivery date for my preordered copy is Feb. 13th-18th.
I am sure it will be worth the wait; but, it is kind of frustrating, just the same.

(Sebastian) #170

it was postponed by a week, i thought everyone knew?
anyways i got done watching it today and will try to have a German review up by tomorrow…

definitely a blind-purchase, even though i was a bit disappionted by the transfer

(Yodlaf Peterson) #171

[quote=“Sebastian, post:170, topic:1132”]definitely a blind-purchase, even though i was a bit disappionted by the transfer[/quote]it’s gotta be better than that Japanese one…

is it?

I’ve not put it on for a while but i’m pretty sure the Japanese one isn’t anamorphic.

(Chris_Casey) #172

?

Sorry, Seb—but, I don’t get what you are trying to say here.
THE MERCENARY disc is a “blind purchase”, for you? That would indicate (to a Yank like me) that you knew nothing about the movie, etc, and just randomly purchased it.
And, like Aaron, I am wondering if the transfer is worse than the Japanese Stingray disc…

???

(Stanton) #173

He means that you can’t do wrong with a Koch disc of such a masterpiece. Even if it maybe is not absolutely perfect.

(Sebastian) #174

yeah the transfer is better than anything i’ve seen so far. but with all the fuzz, i guess my expectations were a bit to high. the picture definitely shows its age and has some weaknesses, but i said blind purchase because there’s absolutely zero reason not to buy this

(Yodlaf Peterson) #175

[quote=“Sebastian, post:174, topic:1132”]but i said blind purchase because there’s absolutely zero reason not to buy this[/quote]gotcha, i though a blind purchase was buying something without knowing anything about it.

(Sebastian) #176

yeah blind purchase is a purchase you can make without knowing anything about it other than knowing that you can blindly trust in the fact that you will be statisfied, haha

(Chris_Casey) #177

I get it, now. But, in the States (and apparently the UK) a blind purchase is something you bought without knowing anything about it whatsoever.

(scherpschutter) #178

I don’t know about German, but in Dutch we have an expression ‘een blinde aankoop’, which literally translates as ‘a blind purchase’, but has a meaning that is close to what Sebastian says. When I say (in Dutch that is) Oh, that’s a blind purchase for me, the meaning is, more or less: I trust it’s good enough to buy without looking at it, without checking the details etc.

(Chris_Casey) #179

Interesting. The meaning it would have for us Yanks is almost completely the opposite. Here if someone said they had made a “blind purchase” that would mean that they saw something in a store and just bought it on a whim without knowing anything about the product. A little like an impulse buy.

You can truly learn something new every time you visit the SWDB Forum! ;D

(Stanton) #180

Yeah, you Yankees have much to learn :wink: