Koch Media - Koch Films (Plaion Pictures)

[quote=“Stanton, post:158, topic:1132”]Urgent.

Koch Media is looking for a copy of the Franco Cleef DVD of Shango.
Please PM me if you are able to help[/quote]
I’ve got it - I’ll pm ya.

[quote=“Stanton, post:158, topic:1132”]Urgent.

Koch Media is looking for a copy of the Franco Cleef DVD of Shango. This includes a trailer for Shango which they are looking for to include as bonus on their forthcoming Shango DVD.

At best it would be a member who is able to load this trailer up to a FTP of Koch Media.

Please PM me if you are able to help[/quote]

I was about to say that it is very strange that Koch Media can’t reach Franco Cleef directly…but, then I remembered that Ulrich Bruckner is no longer at Koch!
He and Franco Cleef are friends.

They have written to Franco C but didn’t received an answer yet. Now there’s not much time left to include the trailer.

The trailer is available on YouTube, if that would help.

Is it too expensive for them to BUY the DVD?

From where do you think had Franco Cleef got the master with the German title?

Today is the day The Mercenary was not released …

Yep, they said something like Feb. 5th-9th!?

Amazon.de says it will be released on Feb. 4th.
And that the estimated delivery date for my preordered copy is Feb. 13th-18th.
I am sure it will be worth the wait; but, it is kind of frustrating, just the same.

it was postponed by a week, i thought everyone knew?
anyways i got done watching it today and will try to have a German review up by tomorrow…

definitely a blind-purchase, even though i was a bit disappionted by the transfer

[quote=“Sebastian, post:170, topic:1132”]definitely a blind-purchase, even though i was a bit disappionted by the transfer[/quote]it’s gotta be better than that Japanese one…

is it?

I’ve not put it on for a while but i’m pretty sure the Japanese one isn’t anamorphic.

?

Sorry, Seb—but, I don’t get what you are trying to say here.
THE MERCENARY disc is a “blind purchase”, for you? That would indicate (to a Yank like me) that you knew nothing about the movie, etc, and just randomly purchased it.
And, like Aaron, I am wondering if the transfer is worse than the Japanese Stingray disc…

???

He means that you can’t do wrong with a Koch disc of such a masterpiece. Even if it maybe is not absolutely perfect.

yeah the transfer is better than anything i’ve seen so far. but with all the fuzz, i guess my expectations were a bit to high. the picture definitely shows its age and has some weaknesses, but i said blind purchase because there’s absolutely zero reason not to buy this

[quote=“Sebastian, post:174, topic:1132”]but i said blind purchase because there’s absolutely zero reason not to buy this[/quote]gotcha, i though a blind purchase was buying something without knowing anything about it.

yeah blind purchase is a purchase you can make without knowing anything about it other than knowing that you can blindly trust in the fact that you will be statisfied, haha

I get it, now. But, in the States (and apparently the UK) a blind purchase is something you bought without knowing anything about it whatsoever.

I don’t know about German, but in Dutch we have an expression ‘een blinde aankoop’, which literally translates as ‘a blind purchase’, but has a meaning that is close to what Sebastian says. When I say (in Dutch that is) Oh, that’s a blind purchase for me, the meaning is, more or less: I trust it’s good enough to buy without looking at it, without checking the details etc.

Interesting. The meaning it would have for us Yanks is almost completely the opposite. Here if someone said they had made a “blind purchase” that would mean that they saw something in a store and just bought it on a whim without knowing anything about the product. A little like an impulse buy.

You can truly learn something new every time you visit the SWDB Forum! ;D

Yeah, you Yankees have much to learn :wink: