Keoma (Enzo G. Castellari, 1976)

I would like to say that I just love the music and the vocals in Keoma. The music sets the tone and atmosphere for the whole film.

♪♫ This here was your fathers land, nothing bad you can’t pretend.
You love justice and you love peace.♫♫
When the time will come to kill, to destroy who love to kill,
and your hand will stop the eye (?) and your conscious will be satisfied…♫♪♫

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:142, topic:311”]♪♫ This here was your fathers land, nothing bad you can’t pretend.
You love justice and you love peace.♫♫
When the time will come to kill, to destroy who love to kill,
and your hand will stop the eye (?) and your conscious will be satisfied…♫♪♫[/quote]

Right, Colonel! I mean…what the heck is that supposed to mean??? A lot of SW’s have badly written lyrics in their theme songs (especially in some of the earlier films); but, somehow none of those can compare with the “treats” (I mean that sarcastically of course) we are given in KEOMA and MANNAJA. With those earlier theme songs, you could just chuckle for a second…and then sit back and enjoy the rest of the film without having to dwell on whatever badly pronounced, or badly written lyrics there might have been in the song. However, in KEOMA and MANNAJA you can’t escape the damned stuff because it is right there in your face the whole time…commenting on the story (unnecessarily I must add!) as it unfolds.

I certainly agree that the MUSIC sets the tone and atmosphere for the whole film. But, the VOCALS (more accurately the ridiculous mispronunciation of the badly written lyrics) almost destroy that atmosphere.
But, of course, this is only my opinion…

And in California ;D.

Nobody’s had much problem with “Me, myself, I” - shit, Joan Armatrading had an album called it, let alone Beyonce’s thang :P…

[quote=“Chris_Casey, post:139, topic:311”]Well…no…
Keoma wasn’t the father of the child. The lady was already pregnant when he met her.
Is that what you were asking, amigo?[/quote]
Silence is a bit young for this type of conversation - he probably hasn’t done the birds an’ the bees yet. Sweden y’know :wink:

I like to think that Silence has killed more men than he has years, (like said in some scene in dead man) for the rest I had the same thought I admit.

Well, there is a lot more to the crap lyrics in that MANNAJA song than “You…alone. A solitary man.” If that is all there was then it would be marginally passable. But, read on brother Rev! :wink:
(Don’t care for Joan Armatrading, either, for what that’s worth. heh heh!)

Yeah, I know…I am just being unreasonable and overly touchy about all of this. But, it is just because I HATE HATE HATE those lyrics and vocals so much!
But, other than that…they’re cool! ;D

And in Django Strikes Again!

I like Keoma a lot. More for style & imagery than for story & action, which are pretty generic.

You uys really should listen to some of the conversations in school ;D!

One big problem for me is Nero’s 80s shaggy bear style.

Anyone know if Ty Hardin played a small role as a baddie in this?

You’re thinking of Riccardo Pizzuti

Is he the guy who looks like Kris Kristofferson? He also looks a lot like Ty Hardin. You got a pic you could post?

Yes, he’s the guy who looks like them but no pic. He’s grey haired aint he and is shot with O’Brien at the end.

[quote=“Chris_Casey, post:143, topic:311”]I certainly agree that the MUSIC sets the tone and atmosphere for the whole film. But, the VOCALS (more accurately the ridiculous mispronunciation of the badly written lyrics) almost destroy that atmosphere.
But, of course, this is only my opinion…[/quote]

Yeah, I’m with you on this…I gave the film 4 stars but really the vocals are too much in some parts. The instrumental music is great though. I feel the same way about Four of the Apocalypse.

I think the music is really a dividing point about this one. I actually quite like it and it adds to the atmosphere of the film, which is very special to me anyway. And to be fair, as a non-english first language guy i am blessed with the ability to over-hear silly lyrics. And I dont mind the voices of the singers. Actually i am gonna listen to in on youtube right now.
Miss watching spags, didnt bring my collection over to OZ and havent seen any here.

Yeh its a great film, Nero is allways Great…

I didnt mind the song I think its kind of cool reminds me of like the Monologue of a comic book or something… gives a different pace for the story I think it would be hard to do properly these days…

Is Nero singing the mail vocals, cause it sounds alot like him.

[quote=“Hoover Valentine, post:158, topic:311”]Is Nero singing the mail vocals, cause it sounds alot like him.[/quote]no, the vocals on the songs are by Susan Duncan Smith & Cesare De Natale.

damn, there used to be a video on youtube where Nero is singing in some tv-show (along with Fabio Testi, Maurizio Merli, Gloria Guida etc) but I can’t find it anymore. It was just so hilariously bad.