José Torres (Venezuelan actor)

Another of my favorite character actors. What surprises me about Torres, beyond his strikingly good performances, is the fact that he is just like every other Spanish actor in Spaghettis. But his performances are given more detail and he is given stronger roles. He’s actually a very good actor for a spanish extra type. They even imported him from Spain for Django Preparati la Bara. How do you like him?

He’s excellent! Great at playing devious Mexican bandits. I think he was a stuntman too wasn’t he?

Always enjoy alot of his roles.

I found out that Jose was bornon June 4th in Carabobo, Venezuela. He’s still active appearing on a Venezuelan TV series. Here’s a link to his biography. http://www.venezuelaunoasis.com/farandula10.php

That’s an interesting read Tom. Didn’t know Torres was from Venezuela.
Love the way they spell some of the actors’ names in that biography by the way.
Lee Van Cliff, John Phillips Low and Erick Blance. ;D

[quote=“Phil H, post:5, topic:1630”]That’s an interesting read Tom. Didn’t know Torres was from Venezuela.
Love the way they spell some of the actors’ names in that biography by the way.
Lee Van Cliff, John Phillips Low and Erick Blance. ;D[/quote]

Just imagine how they would spell Scherpschutter (let alone pronounce it) !

Name spelling is usually done by how it’s pronounced in that country. I have a couple of Italian posters advertising Wayde Preston films and they spell Wayde “WYDE”. Maybe it was shown in WIDESCREEN or maybe he had put on some weight. ::slight_smile:

Anyway I’m sure some 20-old kid who wrote up Jose’s bio never heard of the actors mentioned let alone knew how to spell their names.

LOL

Jimmy’s brother?

his best roles: death rides a horse and i’am sartana angel of death

what was his role in death rides a horse?

He was not “imported” for Italian films: Sambrell once said he recalled that he actually lived in Italy at the time. I think he later moved back to his native country and worked as a TV producer.

Favorite roles: those in TEPEPA and RUN, MAN, RUN.

in luigi pistili gang he play one of the four

Torres role in “Death Rides a Horse” was as Pedro. Law kills his brother in the cantina and is captured after the killng. When Pedro ride’s into the village with Luigi’s gang, he asks where his brother is? He’s taken to the church where his brother lies on a table prepared for his funeral. Law’s head is put in a vice to gain information on where Van Cleef is, and then as punishment for the murder he is buried in the ground up to his head. Torres shoves a handful of salt in Law’s mouth and rides out.

thanks, i had completely failed to notice that this role was played by jose torres