I Just Bought … (the SW Shopping Diary)

Yeah… be careful my friend :grimacing: It doesn’t feel the greatest to look back at all the movies purchased to realize they are continually being re-released and all that money spent thinking a definitive collection is being built was just a waste since now they need to be upgraded. It never ends… The collecting mindset is not your friend, unless you have lots of disposable income (not to consider the time investment as well)

2 Likes

The 720p wasn’t mentioned in this review but everything is still apparently immaculate:

Too bad no screenshots though.

Yes, but with respect , everything W.E release is fabulous according to that reviewer … maybe if you’d only just upgraded from VHS to DVD the transfers would seem fantastic, but with almost everything they release, there’s a superior version available either from Germany, Italy, Spain or France.
Most of their transfers still look fuzzy and interlaced, like they’re using some outmoded software.
Show some screenshots on your website W.E, and not just slick cover art.

3 Likes

Yes, my main issue with WE releases. I’m not trying to be disrespectful but they often look like the transfers are done by someone with basically no knowledge of video transfer & encoding. Issues with frame blending from poorly done PAL → NTSC conversions (or vice versa). I barely know anything myself, but when I’m working on a project I will spend entire days figuring out what the video needs to make it look right, and there’s really no reason why a releasing company should not be doing the same.

1 Like

I got requiem for a gringo… I guess this means it’s 1080p, the blu ray honesty looks and sounds great

1 Like

Sounds great. 720P also sounded weird. Funny why that info is stated all over the place.

Really need to analyze some screenshots for comparing against DVD release. Resolution doesn’t necessarily mean anything other than the image has been sized to the reported resolution.

720p is weird yes… in an era where most people buy 4k tvs these days.

I can’t belive they couldn’t bootleg the german blu ray properly… oh well :slight_smile: hopefully the English dub is high quality.

Well we are still waiting to confirm if its 720 or 1080.

blu-ray.com & a user review on Amazon both state 720p, but blu-ray.com doesn’t have any screenshots, reviews or other details so they are likely basing it off the info on dvdcompare (Rewind @ www.dvdcompare.net - Requiem for a Gringo AKA Réquiem para el gringo AKA Requiem per un gringo (Blu-ray) (1968)) - here it states 720p AVC MPEG-4 & the following: " * *Special thanks to Rewind user Åsmund_Utvik for providing these specifications."

The screenshot by chuck_connors_brother says 1080, but we don’t know if its just stating the set resolution of the TV or the actual disc info

Saving more Mexican spaghetti from the void

Always wondered if Cuchillo has an English dub out there somewhere. If not, I’d love to get my hands on a fan subbed version. The only Mexis I have so far are Taste of the Savage and God, Guns and Guts. I’d love to get some more

I don’t think I’ve seen Chuchillo, just looked it up and didn’t recognize it although it has some of the key players involved. There are only a few of these Mexi-westerns that have been fansubbed so far, that I am aware of, and also just a couple with english dubs have surfaced.

I’d love to at some point pursue making these more available and with english options, but don’t really have the time to do these kinds of projects now. If I had the money, I’d look into actually doing legit releases as these titles seem very neglected overall

Everyone please don’t forget to add your 2018 favorite release do the guide if it’s not in there already

Filling some holes in the Koch Media collection:

Töte Alle und kehr allein zurück
Blei ist Sein Lohn

AC_US218 AC_US218

finally recieved these two from amazon france after 1 month of shipping:

Great editions with great picture quality but why the cases are so big ? They’re like VHS size.

4 Likes

Just to hold me over, until the alleged blu-ray release…

3 Likes

Just ordered:

Picked it up at mueller in a 5 for € 20,= deal. Mostly because of the beautiful music of Reverbi.
NOTE: In the same deal there was also “Joe der Galgenvogel” which apperently is the same movie… What a name for such a movie.

Joe the Gallows Bird”? :thinking: