I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

To my surprise one of my delayed packages from the States turned up today containing among others these two Italian goodies:

Womens Prison Massacre
Cannibal Apocalypse

210647_large

1 Like

A classic!

1 Like

This the most important B movie in my western collection as it is the first film directed by the legendary Roger Corman.

1 Like

Not the best western from memory. I’ll have to watch it again though.

No it isn’t but it’s a good little time filler. Not essential viewing.

Pre-ordered this yesterday

I was nervous I would miss out on it as the Mondo Macabro site had so much traffic it nearly collapsed under the strain. I was lucky thankfully. Both films look interesting,

2 Likes

Ordered the same. Waited until a couple of hours in. As long as you order within the first couple of days there is usually plenty of copies and they are also still both available.

Glad this underrated Ford film got a blu-ray release.

6 Likes

I think it’s on BBC2 tomorrow afternoon, hopefully in HD also - real hidden gem of a movie … with some nasty bad guys who wouldn’t look out of place in a SW.

4 Likes

Thanks for that, I’ve got that set to record. :+1: Also The Lone Gun (1954).

Are you a fan of Hammer Horror in general? Next one I’m looking at getting next is either Taste the Blood of Dracula or Dracula A.D. 1972.

Ohh yes Andy, I have been into those movies since I was 11.I DO know what I am talking about With the Hammer films.
With the aforementioned films I think Taste the Blood of Dracula is the best. DRACULA A. D. 1972 is really kitsch stuff I think it was dated when it came out but it is silly fun and the cast is good.

1 Like

Taste_the_blood_of_draculaI have sock with this design on them.

1 Like

THE SATANIC RITES OF dracula, the sequel to AD 72 is an interesting watch. Christopher Lee’s last performance as the Count. It has an a horror - Avengers feel with Patrick McNee being replaced by Peter Cushing.

1 Like

5 Likes

Been meaning to pick this up for ages and Coronavirus lured me into Amazon searching so here we are at last.

Love Questi

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve seen both. Satanic Rites is pretty raunchy with the Satanic cult ceremony stuff harking back to the earlier (and superior) Hammer film The Devil Rides Out. I mostly like A.D. 1972 for its funky theme song. I am not going to order any more films for now since shipping from the USA to Canada (and even within Canada) has come to a near stand-still. You’re lucky in the UK and Europe that your postal systems are so efficient even under these current circumstances.

The Devil Rides Out is My top 3 Hammer Films.
It was released as The Devil’s Bride in North America because the distributor thought audiences would think it was a western!
The Royal Mail have been doing a brilliant job, I will never complain again. But the German postal service is superb. I have have received items from Germany quicker than from Scotland!
I do hope the situation improves for you soon Andy.

2 Likes

I’ve heard the title before but what’s it about? I only know Questi from Django Kill!