I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

Since The Case of the Bloody Iris was directed by Carnimeo, I’m quite intrigued.

I like the poster’s claim, “Fenech as you have never seen before!”, WITH her clothes on, perhaps ? :laughing:

1 Like

I think LaserDisc is a good compromise. The image is still fairly sharp, but at the same time you retain that vintage smudge or whatever. And yeah, I love VHS quality for whatever reason and miss my old VHS player.

New blu-rays:

New blu-rays:

A couple of new Italian masterpieces has turned up within the last few days:

Vampire gegen Herakles
Rats - Night of Terror

AC_US218 AC_US218

2 Likes

in fact I went for the Arrow Xmas Sale (dont ask me why), spent some awards points, and got the Ringo double feature and The Killers with Lee Marvin :slight_smile:

I watched Hercules versus the Vampires blu ray last week and it’s actually pretty good… lots of nice visual effect for the time… and I just love the Mario Bava’s colors :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will look forward to be giving it a spin then :slight_smile:

I ordered me some Warner Archive… Wait until Dark and… of course… Dark of the Sun :slight_smile:

Some rare stuff:

http://www.iwmshop.org.uk/

www.fnac.es

I understand completely. I only have a 32" screen and it’s 720p! Upscaled DVDs don’t look that bad on it. But I still have this 3 shelves of blu-rays because I guess I like collecting as a hobby but I went way too far last summer. I have one spaghetti blu-ray in mind that I want to get and that’s A Minute to Pray, a Second to Die and that one I have never had on DVD or VHS. I’ve bought a few Star Trek blu-rays recently but that’s been all. autephex, I never watched spaghetti westerns on VHS before in my life so I have no nostalgia for that. But I understand your frustration with having to re-buy stuff. If I ever get into 4K it won’t be for several years in the future.

1 Like

New blu-ray:

Just ordered (comes out in March):

Just ordered (comes out in March):

Just ordered:

New blu-rays:

(There’s actually four films in this set: Once Upon a Time in China parts 1, 2 & 3, and Once Upon a Time in China and America)

Neglected to mention that I got a couple of blu-rays for Christmas too:

New blu-ray released last month by Scream Factory: Hammer’s Dracula: Prince of Darkness

m2229093

1 Like

New blu-rays:

Still supporting my local HMV, while it lasts…

1 Like

HMV Canada has been gone since 2016 I think. I used to go there a lot.