I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

They were originally subtitled back in 1981, but the Director’s Cut leaves them out, as has all home media releases (except I think the initial VHS).

No i haven’t Yolaf. I like Don Siegel’s earlier work…( The Big Steal, The Verdict, Private Hell 36, etc, etc…. So, it was an easy choice for me to buy it. I should get it any day now.

I bought one of my biggest favorites: Carpenter’s Thing blu-ray and also Castellari’s New Barbarians dvd which I have not seen yet.

After discovering Heaven’s Gate, I continue my Michael Cimino odyssey:

Haven’t exactly bought it yet, but:

[url]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Clint-Eastwood-Blu-ray-Collection-Region/dp/B00KQHWAR8/ref=pd_rhf_eeolp_s_cp_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1GB6YQQS1SFGF8S0PG8K[/url]

The Clint Eastwood Collection, long available on DVD, coming out on multi-region blu-ray, in August.

The Beguiled
Breezy
Coogan’s Bluff
The Eiger Sanction
High Plains Drifter
Joe Kidd
Play Misty for Me
Two Mules for Sister Sara

Thats some set ! Thought it was expensive at first but for eight discs its not bad.

I only bought the DVD version of this set in March and I’ve already got High Plains Drifter and Two Mules For Sister Sara on blu-ray, so at that price I’m looking at £7.66 per blu I don’t have. Not bad but I’d still like to see the price dip a little before I go for it (with my luck, price will probably rise by a tenner, I’ll panic and buy it then for closer to 60 sheets! ;D ).

I know what you mean. You cannot seem to win so to speak at times :slight_smile: .

Happy Birthday to me!

New blu:

Upgrades from DVD to Blu:

New DVDs:

I watched the last of Kenny Powers a couple of weeks ago, love it.

Recently bought on DVD Castellari’s The Inglorious Bastards (my first Macaroni combat film).

New blu:

Upgrades from DVD to blu (well, the Mallrats one is a picture upgrade but it has none of the DVDs extras, so I’m keeping the DVD too):

Michael Cimino’s Year of the Dragon (1985) on DVD arrived today, continuing my exploration of the director’s oeuvre.

Recently purchased: on Blu-ray, Malick’s The Thin Red Line and on DVD, Mark Robson’s Algerian Civil War set, mid-sixties war film Lost Command.

Ordered yesterday:

Haha! I thought that was ass with thongs and fishnet stockings until I read the title.

One track mind, you. Dirty hobbit. You’ll go blind, you know! :slight_smile:

It cost more than any other film I’ve ever paid for, but I just had to have it in HD, one of my top ten films of all times, a true desert-island kind of movie…

And now Il Gattopardo has finally arrived! I selfishly hope that the BFI won’t announce a 2015 BD release…

A top-notch Visconti indeed, I prefer Le Notti Bianche (1957) though.

[quote=“John Welles, post:2098, topic:496”]It cost more than any other film I’ve ever paid for, but I just had to have it in HD, one of my top ten films of all times, a true desert-island kind of movie…

And now Il Gattopardo has finally arrived! I selfishly hope that the BFI won’t announce a 2015 BD release…[/quote]What about the BFI release that’s already out?