Help with translation please

I’m in the process of trying to buy a DVD from Amazon.de and have hit this announcement which seems to be telling me I can’t buy it for some reason. Unfortuantely, my german only goes as far as Guten tag. Wie gehts. So can someone help me out as to what this may mean?
Cheers

*** Dieser Artikel kann leider nicht an den gewünschten Ort versandt werden. Sie können entweder die Versandadresse ändern oder den Artikel aus Ihrer Bestellung löschen, indem Sie die Stückzahl auf 0 setzen und anschließend auf “Aktualisieren” klicken. ***

Are you trying to buy from a trader who is on Amazon De or Amazon De direct ?

Something like this:
This item cannot be sent to the desired place. You can either alter the shipping address, or dump the item form your order, when you set the number of items to zero and click “aktualisieren” (=refresh) afterwards.

I’ve gotten the same message when trying to buy an item from one of the amazon.de-marketplace sellers when the item wasn’t available for international delivery (will be stated on the item, if it doesn’t state it, they won’t deliver outside Germany).

You may also (but I’m not sure) get this message when trying to buy a FSK18 item. But as I said I’m not sure about this.

Thanks fellas. All is now clear.

[quote=“AvatarDK, post:4, topic:877”]I’ve gotten the same message when trying to buy an item from one of the amazon.de-marketplace sellers when the item wasn’t available for international delivery (will be stated on the item, if it doesn’t state it, they won’t deliver outside Germany).

You may also (but I’m not sure) get this message when trying to buy a FSK18 item. But as I said I’m not sure about this.[/quote]

FSK18 items are only delivered in Germany. Fucking stupid system…

Can someone please translate the followin text into decent English? It’s for a custom made dvd cover for the film Sie nannten ihn Gringo. It can also be fed into the database to replace the little synopsis text the film has at the moment. Thank you in advance!

Ein Schurke, so durchtrieben wie der Teufel: Im Städtchen Silver Springs geht Verwalter Ken Denton (Helmut Schmid) in der Maske eines Biedermanns miesen Plänen nach. Er will den alten Rancher Martin ruinieren, der einst seinen Vater getötet hat, und sich dann die “Fracht Company” unter den Nagel reißen. Also heuert der Verwalter Martins verschollenen Sohn Gringo (Daniel Martin) als Anführer einer Gang an und läßt den Sheriff ins Jenseits befördern. Jetzt soll Mace (Götz George) im Auftrag der Regierung für Ruhe sorgenä Als in Amerika immer weniger Western produziert wurden, ging Hollywood-Regisseur Roy Rowland (“Killer McCoy”) nach Europa, um diesen schwungvollen Film zu dehen.

Where do you get this from?

Sounds terrible in a old fashioned way, I wouldn’t use it.

First sentence would be:
A scoundrel, as sly as the devil

[quote=“stanton, post:8, topic:877”]Where do you get this from?

Sounds terrible in a old fashioned way, I wouldn’t use it.

First sentence would be:
A scoundrel, as sly as the devil[/quote]
Haha, “A scoundrel, as sly as the devil”. I like it!
It’s from a German website. It’s the only synopsis of the movie I’ve encountered on the web.
I know German, but I have problems making something decent out of this. What is a ‘Verwalter’ here for instance?

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:9, topic:877”]Haha, “A scoundrel, as sly as the devil”. I like it!
It’s from a German website. It’s the only synopsis of the movie I’ve encountered on the web.
I know German, but I have problems making something decent out of this. What is a ‘Verwalter’ here for instance?[/quote]

I don’t understand the word either, my dictionary (German-Dutch) gives ‘beheerder’ ‘rentmeester’ ‘bestuurder’ 'administrateur - but what are those people doing out there?!

It will be rather difficult to make a good English translation; like Stanton says the language is old fashioned, even archaic; You need some kind of Dickens or Jane Austen vocabulary to render the lovely old-fashioned feeling of “in der Maske eines Biedermanns miesen Plänen macht”, “Unter den Nagel ReiBen” and “In Jenseits befördern”

You’d probably better first make a normal, neutral translation
Then a native speaker has to come in to make the English more archaic, more Dickens like

Verwalter could be manager or caretaker or administrator.

If someone manages a ranch instead of the owner, that’s a “Verwalter”

Maybe try it with this…not perfect, I´m not a native English speaker.

In the city of Silver Springs, the caretaker (or administrator) Ken Denton, wearing the mask of an honest man, is following his bad plans. He wants to ruin the old rancher Martin, who once killed his father, and then wants to bogart the Freight Company.
So the caretaker hires Martins lost son Gringo (Daniel Martin) as the leader of a gang and let the sheriff get killed. By order of the government Mace should now settle things down. In a time less and less western were produced in the USA, Hollywood director Roy Rowland moved to Europe to shoot this bold movie.

[quote=“Chico Martino, post:12, topic:877”]Maybe try it with this…not perfect, I´m not a native English speaker.

In the city of Silver Springs, the caretaker (or administrator) Ken Denton, wearing the mask of an honest man, is following his bad plans. He wants to ruin the old rancher Martin, who once killed his father, and then wants to bogart the Freight Company.
So the caretaker hires Martins lost son Gringo (Daniel Martin) as the leader of a gang and let the sheriff get killed. By order of the government Mace should now settle things down. In a time less and less western were produced in the USA, Hollywood director Roy Rowland moved to Europe to shoot this bold movie.[/quote]
Thank you very much. I can work with that. And I’m keeping the “A scoundrel, as sly as the devil”. bit too. ;D

You are really a bold guy :wink:

Not that it matters, but I happen to like the “A scoundrel, as sly as the devil” bit, too!

Yeah, I’m beginning to like it also.

Yeah, they don’t allow Pay Pal either >:(.

I read today that the new Rammstein album is rated 18 in Germany

I have it already, and besides, I’m over 18 (like some others I could mention)

So does this mean I won’t be able to buy some of the Koch titles from amazon.de?

beep