Help me ID a western film

Many, many years ago, when I was a kid, I remember seeing a western film with an unusual scene. There was a scene where some men took up position behind a railroad berm and took out a band of oncoming bad guys. They picked them off sniper-style by shooting their saddlebags…which were stuffed with dynamite. ;D That’s about all I can remember. I can’t even remember if it was a good flick or not…and I was probably too young at the time to know the difference anyway. Despite all the film watching I’ve done in recent years, I’ve never heard of or seen this film again. Anybody know what the name of it was? Thanks!!

Sounds like My Name is Nobody!

I’m also skeptical on whether shooting dynamite would actually make it explode. The makers of SWs didn’t usually consult with physicists when making their movies!

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:2, topic:3359”]Sounds like My Name is Nobody!

I’m also skeptical on whether shooting dynamite would actually make it explode. The makers of SWs didn’t usually consult with physicists when making their movies![/quote]
Why wouldn’t it? Dynamite is no hand grenade with more complicated system. It just needs ignition… I think.

Then again, the trick of shooting dynamite is used in various westerns. Rio Bravo comes to my mind first.

no, actually dynamite won’t explode if you shoot at it - it’s just fancy common bullshit in our beloved genre

Wow…thanks folks. I never imagined it was MNIN, though it has been a long time since I’ve seen that. About the only part of that film I remember is the scene with the wooden dummy thing…which I found hysterical as a little kid. As for dynamite exploding from a bullet impact, IDK…but I sure wouldn’t want to stand next to a bundle of it and have someone fire a bullet into it.