HELP! I Can't find a way to get Koch Media DVD's!

Hola, amigos!

I have a huge problem! Since Tony shut down Xploited Cinema, I no longer have a place to purchase Koch Media DVDs from.
I know that I can buy them online via Amazon.de; but, here’s the thing about that…
For who knows what reason, my bank will not allow me to use my debit card to make purchases overseas!
Does anyone know of a place that sells the Koch Media discs internationally and accepts PayPal?
Or, does anyone know of a place that sells the Koch Media discs in the USA?

I really, really need some help with this, folks! So, any and all suggestions would be most welcome.

Gracias!

This website accepts paypal. :: Kultvideo ::

Cine City mentions it will accept Paypal in its payment information, but prices are more expensive than Amazon De.

http://www.cinecityplanet.com/E_art_7931.html

That’s absurd. Get a new bank Chris !

If a new bank aint an option there is always ebay. Cincecity that Ennioo mentions above also has an ebay shop, sometimes with lower prices than in the usual shop.

Or check out www.ebay.de … Paypal is fast gaining ground in Germany so many dealers there are now accepting that as a payment option.

I suppose that it is not problem get debit cards whatever you want. The problem is having money on the account.
Purchasing at amazon.de has two big advantages:

1. the price is reduced by VAT (19%) if one is outside EU and
  2. shipping cost is fixed whatever items are ordered.

The problem is that neither Kult Video or Cine City has their newest releases in stock. Kult Video has Fury of Johnny Kid and The Hills Run Red but no A Pistol for Ringo. Cine City hasn’t got any of these! I wonder why not? Usually Rene gets Koch releases in stock within weeks ???

Sorry, amigo…but, that is a completely wrong and offensive assumption on your part. There are many changes going on in the USA right now due to the bad economy. This change with my bank is just one of them. Others are having the same issue with their banks.
Seriously, I do not appreciate your insinuating that I can’t order because of lack of funds. That is one of the meanest things anyone on this board has ever said to me.

[quote=“Søren, post:4, topic:1604”]That’s absurd. Get a new bank Chris !

If a new bank aint an option there is always ebay. Cincecity that Ennioo mentions above also has an ebay shop, sometimes with lower prices than in the usual shop.

Or check out www.ebay.de … Paypal is fast gaining ground in Germany so many dealers there are now accepting that as a payment option.[/quote]

Hi, Soren!
Thanks! Yes, it is absurd; but, many of the banks are suddenly doing this here. It is a strange and recent development. The only banks I know–in my territory-- that aren’t doing this are big ones like Chase and Wells Fargo and, unfortunately, their “service fees” are utterly ridiculous.
Appreciate your tip regarding ebay.de—I tried searching for Koch Media’s releases via the usual eBay.com, but had no luck. So, I will give ebay.de a go!
All the best, amigo!

I’m sure djvaso didn’t mean to be rude or offensive, Chris

Just noticed that Koch Media actually has their own shop set up on www.ebay.de:

http://stores.ebay.de/softunityde (Softunity = Koch Media)

They only deliver to Germany it seems but try to ‘talk’ some sense into them :slight_smile:

One thing that might be a problem with www.ebay.de is that FSK18-titles are not allowed as far as I know which will mean that a title like A Gun for Ringo won’t be available there.

Good luck hunting them discs down !

At least Kult Video has those, they’re cheaper for me. amazon.de cost 40 euro postage for 2 koch dvds

No they don’t have A Pistol for Ringo (KOCH release).

I am deeply sorry for this misunderstanding :’(. I haven’t even slightest idea to offend you.
I came from the poor country with second class banks but it is very easy to get some kind of debit cards (Visa,Maestro). It works like this: enter in the bank, express the will to open a account and get debit cards, fill some papers, sign the contract, and after one or two weeks one can get card with which can pay all over the world. There is no need to receive salary on this account.

I meant those as in the ones you listed.

They’ll probably get Pistol for Ringo though, I didn’t see The Hills Run Red there until today

hogguer1 is from cinecity

[quote=“djvaso, post:13, topic:1604”]I am deeply sorry for this misunderstanding :’(. I haven’t even slightest idea to offend you.
I came from the poor country with second class banks but it is very easy to get some kind of debit cards (Visa,Maestro). It works like this: enter in the bank, express the will to open a account and get debit cards, fill some papers, sign the contract, and after one or two weeks one can get card with which can pay all over the world. There is no need to receive salary on this account.[/quote]

That’s OK, amigo. No problem. I am sorry that I misunderstood you.

Yes, what you describe is the way a debit card is supposed to work, I agree. But, now, some US Banks are making it very hard to use debit cards for transactions outside of the USA.
They either block the transaction completely, as does my bank, or they charge an extremely ridiculous service fee for overseas transactions.

All the best to you!

Hi Chris!

I’m sorry at your dilemna and it looks like all of us North Americans are in the same boat as you.
This really sucks. And goes to show the impact of the void that Xploited has left us.

But I propose a solution:

Maybe the best bet is to make an arrangement with one of our German forum members (Seb?).

They can order the koch releases you want from Amazon.de or simply go to the store and get it (I think). And than mail it to you. Since you can’t transfer money out of the states you can just mail a check to them to pay them back.

If you can find someone to do this for you it just might work!

really sucks that xploited isn’t getting any new stuff… really going to make it harder to get stuff over here

wish i had the means to open a shop

chris, shoot me a personal message. I’d be happy to buy any Koch disc for you that you want, you can just paypal me the money or something

[quote=“Chris_Casey, post:1, topic:1604”]I know that I can buy them online via Amazon.de; but, here’s the thing about that…
For who knows what reason, my bank will not allow me to use my debit card to make purchases overseas! [/quote]
So far my bank has not instituted this policy. If so… Seb, you might find yourself inundated with similiar requests. Might need to open up a storefront! :slight_smile:

haha well I’d be happy to do this with good friends such as chris… but you can also PM me, carlos and we can talk about this.