Global DVD (Naushad - South Africa)

It is so frustrating to know that there is an English language version available out there and I cannot get my hands on it easily and for a reasonable price. I might have to buy the new French release and settle with only Italian audio. Having said that I doubt Naushad’s version has an Italian audio option and I would certainly like the choice of both.

Since this movie takes place in Brazil they should rather speak Portuguese than either English or Italian

Would’ve been cool if they did, it’s a nice sounding language

Here is the 1997 hit Underwater Love from the band Smoke City, and their English/Brazilian vocalist Nina Miranda, singing in both english and portuguese

[url]Smoke City - Underwater Love - YouTube

I like it.

so what’s the deal with globalvideo? i’m hearing so many complaints about this guy… since some of this discs are listed in the SWDB, this clearly is not good, if it turns out he’s ripping people off or whatever

I only ever hear complaints about the guy from people I speak to.

I’ve got a few of his discs that i’ve picked up from vendors, but i’ve never dealt with him personally. Shipping from South Africa is not cheap, i wouldn’t imagine, least not on this side of the pond.

True.

Are the Global DVD’s any good? I don’t have anything from them so I don’t know.

Bit of a mixed bag really. Some are good and some are not so good.

We will all be thankful forever for the Night of the Serpent DVD.
And for those heroes who have bought it! :wink:

Night of the Serpent was a fantastic release. I’m one of the heroes who bought it [quote=“Stanton, post:171, topic:563”]We will all be thankful forever for the Night of the Serpent DVD.
And for those heroes who have bought it! ;)[/quote]

Night of the Serpent was a fantastic release. I’m one of the heroes who bought it :stuck_out_tongue:

Me too - a quality release.

I also bought it, but I got it cheap from Sazuma when they were having a sale

Too bad about Naushad really

Apparently his releases were ‘gray area’ and maybe he occasionally ripped people off ??

But he seemed to have a lot of rare spaghettis, on 16 mm prints someone said

And now he only sells on ebay for ridiculous prices?

We are discussing about the man but who knows he get over illness :-[ .
In any case, he has not sold discs on ebay. Actually, for the first time yes but later not. If he continue trading it will be on ioffer site.

As far as I remember the notorious Night of the Serpent was drawn from a Betacam (NOT Betamax) tape which would account for the rather great picture quality. Would have liked more of those and some more stable releasing channels… RIP Global Video.

I tend to remember the releases with ghosting problems more, as had a headache after viewing.

Hm, didn’t know he was ill

I think djvaso was just speculating that he might be ill. It could be a number of reasons that have caused his “disappearance”. Legal problems might be at the forefront of explanations.