[Germany] Spaghetti DVD overview

In the following weeks I’ll post a list of German (Region 2) DVDs that are really worth buying. I’ll leave out full screen and cut versions or include them in a Shit-list at the end

I’ll categorize the DVDs into high - medium - low quality.

• High Quality DVDs are special editions or otherwise top notch DVDs that you can buy no problem.
  • Medium quality discs are DVDs that are uncut, widescreen and have at least some extras.
  • Low quality dvds are for example DVDs with no extras or widescreen but slightly cut.

HIGH QUALITY

Once Upon a Time in the West (Spiel mir das Lied vom Tod) - Special Edition

A Fistful of Dollars (Eine Handvoll Dollar) - Special Edition

For a Few Dollars More (Für ein paar Dollar mehr) - Special Edition

My Name is Nobody (Mein Name ist Nobody) - Special Edition

Nobody is the Greatest (Nobody ist der Größte) - Special Edition

Sergio Sollima Italo-Western Box

Django - Unbarmherzig wie die Sonne

Blindman - Der Vollstrecker (FSK 18)

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly (Zwei glorreiche Halunken) - Gold Edition

Todesmelodie (Gold Edition)

MEDIUM
The Great Silence (Leichen pflastern seinen Weg) (FSK 18)

God forgives, I don’t (Gott vergibt, wir beide nie!) Jewel Edition

Pistolero dell Ave Maria (Seine Kugeln pfeiffen das Todeslied)

Ohne Dollar keinen Sarg (Price of a man)

Django und die Bande der Gehenkten (Preparati la bara)

Django - Ich will ihn tot (FSK 18)

Und Santana tötet sie alle (FSK 18)

Es geht um deinen Kopf, Amigo

Keinen Cent für Ringos kopf

Minnesota Clay

Satan der Rache (aka “And God said to Cain”)

LOW

Boots Hill (Zwei haun auf den Putz)

Django - Unersättlich wie ein Satan

Django - Dein Henker wartet

Django Der Bastard

Zum Abschied noch ein Totenhemd (FSK 18)

Mörder des Klans (wrong aspect ratio)

Django spricht das Nachtgebet (FSK 18)

under construction

At least Germany apparently is our primary hope as SW fans who’d like to collect their favorite SW in DVD format. Looks like they are more consistent in releasing SW titles - and I, well, I guess we SW fans should hope for more excellent releases which are English-friendly.

Yeah there’s a lot coming out. High quality stuff for example by Koch Media and tons of low quality stuff as well unfortunately. i guess more than half of all german spaghetti releases are full screen

I’m German and I guess, that you can trust Koch Media. They only produce good SWs. Bruckner is the best !

well MÖrder des Klans has a wrong aspect ratio and the older ones they produced are not that high quality but yeah, they are actually all must-buys

Oh oh, no good time for my wallet’s content… :smiley:

well MÖrder des Klans has a wrong aspect ratio and the older ones they produced are not that high quality but yeah, they are actually all must-buys

i agree

I’m waiting for christmas, cause the Django-Box is on my wishlist.
The box includes a score cd, too.
koch allways gives you a lot for your your money.
the sergio sollima box is still entertaining. and the encyclopedia is perfect if don’t know a SW but suggest to buy it.
my tipp today:
buy ohne dollar keinen sarg ( the ugly ones ) with tomas milian at amazon.de
for 2,80 euros or seine kugeln pfeifen das todeslied 2,70 euros.

How’s the quality of Man who Cried for Revenge (Django spricht das Nachtgebet) from E.M.S? No english options I presume.

no english options. wrong aspect ratio. but acceptable quality I assume. a cheap-ass disc, though. for 5.99 it’s a bit too bad though I guess.

What about “Con lui cavalga la morte”
http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Con_lui_cavalca_la_morte/DVD

Any informations

[quote=“Raph_Alv, post:11, topic:34”]What about “Con lui cavalga la morte”
http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Con_lui_cavalca_la_morte/DVD

Any informations[/quote]
What information do you need Ralph that isn’t already stated ? The release doesn’t have any English options, I can confirm that.

I own that disc as well. Just ask.

I’m sorry, I didn’t complete my statement…
Is about teh image quality, audio, extras!!!

many thanks

[quote=“Raph_Alv, post:14, topic:34”]I’m sorry, I didn’t complete my statement…

many thanks[/quote]
I’ll watch the disc tonight for your sake and give you my comments regarding audio/video quality and extras tomorrow… Unless someone beats me to it that is :slight_smile:

Much kind by your part…
I’m grateful

[quote=“Raph_Alv, post:14, topic:34”]I’m sorry, I didn’t complete my statement…

many thanks[/quote]
As promised I sat through the disc last night. Actually a pretty good movie with a splendid soundtrack but now to business. The movie is presented in 1.85:1 anamorphic (obviously cropped from 2.35:1) widescreen and is 75 (uncut?) minutes long. The picture quality isn’t great but aint bad either, on par with most of the releases of for example Wild East, so very watchable. The dub is clear and understandable but German only of course. Extras are few: A couple of filmographies of the ‘stars’ of the movie and a 30 second picture gallery. The disc is usually very afforadble (think I paid 4 euro for mine) so is of course worth every cent if you want to see the movie.

Regarding the quality check presented in the first post by Sebastian I have to say that even though Django - unersättlich wie ein Satan und Django spricht das Nachtgebet are shown as having low quality the picture quality presented isn’t worse and actually perhaps a bit better than most of what is coming from Wild East so you shouldn’t get scared off by this. If you want to see the movie and understand German there is no excuse for not purchasing these low-cost discs.

Re-release of “Continuavano a chiamarlo Trinità” from EMS (HD remastered whatever it means)

BTW, are the german subtitles on EMS releases burn-in?
If not, I would like to play with some software tools.
Regards, Vaso

Probably remastered in High Definition. Is coming out on Blue Ray too for those who are on that wagon.

Remember that ‘only’ the Italian and German dub is included.

I’m looking forward to this release also, as a substitute for the Danish dvd release of the movie.

yeah and I never got the previous releases which were part of their Hill/Spencer kiddie editions, this one looks a bit more tailored towards us folks