[Germany] Koch Media - Koch Films (Plaion Pictures)

Any word on the other 8 supposedly coming in their new line? No titles or teases?

They’ll surely come out with their next riddle…

and the riddle for the next title is on, see their social media channels (we reposted on our FB page)… the title will probably be riddled within minutes, at least the previous two were easy to guess (and some of course already know)

1 Like

Death Rides a Horse. Excellent!

For the two recent releases I found Amazon listings (despite these being Plaion shop exclusives), so if for some reason you need to shop at Amazn, find these links in the SWDb, at a steep markup tho

Still no official confirmation / details on Death Rides a Horse all’arrabbiata no.3?

Yeah, weird. I am checking their channels several times a day just in case. Seems they have prioritized some other titles that they have been blaring from the rooftops, like Cyborg and whatnot… I hope they return their focus back to the westerns asap. Maybe they also changed the schedule a bit…

1 Like

Yeah, maybe they have. Cheers for the update from our man in Germany. :slightly_smiling_face:

So apparently they’re in some unplanned last minute quality control that’s why they haven’t announced as planned. They still wanna announce soon. Maybe they discovered some issues that need fixing or whatever… fingers crossed

1 Like

Ok, cheers, Seb.

pre-orders will start on the 21st, more details will follow through their newsletter. But at least the ball’s a-rollin

2 Likes

Ah, excellent!

Any information yet regarding languages? Subtitles?

not yet or they’d be in the database. they’re now pushing the newsletter with this announcement which will likely go out the minute they list this with all the specs. stay tuned

2 Likes

I’m surprised they gave this the 12 FSK logo, there’s some pretty heavy stuff happening in the film.

If you compare it to what stuff kids watch today on HBO and Netflix it’s not

2 Likes

All details entered into the SWDb from their website. I don’t trust their website entirely, but one thing pops out: there is no mention of a new 4K transfer anymore… so maybe it isn’t one.

Their description text in my own words: all the MGM flaws have been fixed (zoom ins, etc) so the image should all be there; and their restoration company has fixed other flaws with the master. But, nowhere does it say new master or new scan or 4K transfer so it most likely isn’t.

2 Likes

Hmmmmm, glad they fixed the flaws.

However, disappointed that there is no more mention of a 4K release and there are no english subtitles… then again, according to their website, there were also no english subtitles for the Hellbenders and yet there were… We’ll have to wait and see I guess.

1 Like

I will of course pre-order (or get an advance press copy, we’ll see) and update the specs as soon as I have the disc :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I can confirm it has English subs as well.

Unfortunately I have no way of comparing the old to this new disc, and Plaion have not reacted to my suggestion of offering a screenshot comparison.

Can someone with good knowledge of the MGM master’s problems/issues point me to which scenes/minutemarks I should check and possibly provide screenscraps for illustration?

2 Likes

Here is the unboxing video

5 Likes