[Germany] Koch Media - Koch Films (Plaion Pictures)

thanks for letting me know :+1:

Even more expensive to the US, so I think I will stop offering this favor, I feel like making DHL rich on the backs of honest hardworking spaghetti western fans

1 Like

Unboxed it for y’all

3 Likes

I actually like that packaging. It’s the same kind of box that Super 8 films would come in

1 Like

Yes, although a CD (or rather VCD) might be a better comparison. I think the only reason DVDs and Blu-rays come in tall rectangles is because people wanted them to line up well with their VHS Tapes back in the day.

3 Likes

btw decided to sell my Sergio Sollima box. In case anyone is interested, message me

Neue Besprechung (new review in German):

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Der_Mann_aus_Virginia_BluRay_Rezension

And here is a little unboxing vid again

2 Likes

Nice review! :+1:

Yes, happy to see it on YT :wink:

Do we know until when the releases of this collection will last?
I hope there will be “Corri, uomo, corri”

I think they will go thru these now fairly quickly

@Admin Is the picture quality noticeably improved on these releases? Do they have a good print? (I’d imagine so) But what is your opinion on it? - audio/picture.

So far top notch, sorry for writing these reviews only in German :slight_smile:
These are new prints, or equal to very recent HD releases elsewhere (Kino Lorber, Artus Films, …)

1 Like

I ordered the french release too. Waiting for it.
And last night i’ve ordered this Western All’Arrabbiata vol.2 box and Hügel Der Blutigen Stiefel Mediabook from Koch shop.

1 Like

you based in Germany?

No, in France.

1 Like

Ah, ok.

the label is rebranding to Plaion Pictures

1 Like

No more Koch Media or Koch Films? A bittersweet end of a long era. Wonder what caused a change in name.

I can just point you to the press release. So far it is merely a name change. Koch Media is Pleion and Koch Films is Pleion Pictures. New name, new logo, no other changes. It has already changed names and logos a few times, and if you check Wikipedia you’ll learn that there’s a connection to Kino Lorber also… as long as they keep churning out great releases, the name won’t matter much :slight_smile:

1 Like