[Germany] Koch Media - Koch Films (Plaion Pictures)

Hmm yes that box set seems nice (and I don’t have any of the DVD’s).

Go for it !

See, there are always people who buy everything.

I find a release like that pointless and annoying. If I knew beforehand there´d be a box, I wouldn´t have bought any of the single releases.

OK. Great. Have experienced other German box sets of previously released movies where they did perform the operation I described so great if they are just boxing the original releases untouched.

I think Koch Media does well, the rainbow collection in the future to not end it.
I imagine the question of who would Chiedi perdono a Dio … non a me and tend to buy Le pistole non discutono in a single release. A single release would probably cost 15 € (see Take a Hard Ride) and then it would be very difficult. But to complementation, even weak movies are purchased. OK Chiedi perdono a Dio … non a me to me is not weak, but average. But at Le pistole non discutono I had never spent € 15. No 11 €.

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:638, topic:50”]If they go through with the Requiescant release I wonder if the wildeast lou castel interview will get recycled.

Are they planning on releasing more boxes from the rainbows?[/quote]

Now I think this box is titled with the number 1. The intention is evident for several boxes. The question is, how are the sales figures. :wink:

I think it is not a big deal for KOCH to release boxes like that, now that they have already produced the seperate DVDs. With a box like that they might reach consumers who have overlooked the rainbow DVDs.

I think the boxes are a good idea if they are consistent and actually release most or all of the previously released rainbows. Perhaps at a discount and with more than 3 movies would make more sense though.

The box will cost about 20 €. In three films, this represents a saving of € 10 (three separate DVD cost about 32 €).

So who does not yet have the films, for which the box is a saving. :wink:

Okay thats good to hear you can save money on the box.

I think there should be some connection between the 3 films though, instead of releasing 3 random films. I remember they cancelled a proposed anthony steffen box a few years ago, maybe its time to revisit that idea.

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:650, topic:50”]Okay thats good to hear you can save money on the box.

I think there should be some connection between the 3 films though, instead of releasing 3 random films. I remember they cancelled a proposed anthony steffen box a few years ago, maybe its time to revisit that idea.[/quote]

I also have the same thought when I heard the news of the release of a box.

Easy to pack three films in a box I also find strange. But with a main theme as a Steffen Box … Perhaps even with an extra DVD with interviews or soundtracks. :wink:

well the interesting ones are the ones that are out of print, and we’re not gonna see them in a box again anyway…

They could put a OOP-film together with two other movies into one box, for example:

Shoot the living and pray for the dead + Quien Sabe + price of death = Kinski-Box

But a box like that doesnt make any sense at all…

[quote=“dicfish, post:653, topic:50”]They could put a OOP-film together with two other movies into one box, for example:

Shoot the living and pray for the dead + Quien Sabe + price of death = Kinski-Box

But a box like that doesnt make any sense at all…[/quote]

Oh that would be a good idea. A Kinski box would sell well, especially in Germany. In which case 2 Movies were OOP (Shoot the living and pray for the dead + Quien Sabe ). And the cost would be certainly more than 20 €. But the idea is great. And then a Garko box, a Steffen Box… :wink:

my guess is they lose the license as soon as their stuff goes out of print, or a certain amount of time passes by (example: face to face)

kinda wild quess, Marshall :wink:

I’m known to shoot sharp and guess wild :smiley:

You should pick that one as your new motto!

That sounds about right. That’s how music licensing often works - or they’re allotted a certain amount they’re allowed to press (say 5000) copies and after that it’s considered a major release and the cost of licensing goes up significantly.

Release date for the new Koch DVD’s:

July 2, 2010

Chiedi perdono a Dio… non a me:
Extras: Exclusive featurette produced by actor George Ardisson, original trailer, liner notes, photo gallery with rare promotional material

Le pistole non discutono:
Extras: Exclusively produced featurette with director Mario Caiano, original trailer, liner notes, photo gallery with rare promotional material

Name of the Box: Für eine Handvoll Italo Western Box #1 (A Fistful of Spaghetti Western Box # 1)