German DVDs with English sound or subtitles

I’m just in the process of buying the Koch Media Italo Western Box Set from Amazon.de and the following stuff appeared. I don’t speak a word of german but assume this is some kind of offer. can any of you german speakers translate for me and tell me if I should ignore it or not?

Cheers

Jetzt 20 € sparen
Sie sparen automatisch 20 € bei Ihrem ersten Einkauf bei Amazon.de. Die 20 € erhalten Sie als Gutschrift auf Ihrer ersten Kartenabrechnung!

Einfach “Jetzt anmelden!” klicken und Online-Formular ausfüllen.

Nach Bestätigung Ihres Antrages hinterlegen wir die Kreditkarte in Ihrem Amazon-Kundenkonto.

Bei Amazon.de einkaufen und sofort eine Gutschrift über 20 € auf Ihrer Kartenabrechnung erhalten. Viel Spaß!

[quote=“Phil H, post:101, topic:46”]I’m just in the process of buying the Koch Media Italo Western Box Set from Amazon.de and the following stuff appeared. I don’t speak a word of german but assume this is some kind of offer. can any of you german speakers translate for me and tell me if I should ignore it or not?

Cheers

Jetzt 20 € sparen
Sie sparen automatisch 20 € bei Ihrem ersten Einkauf bei Amazon.de. Die 20 € erhalten Sie als Gutschrift auf Ihrer ersten Kartenabrechnung!

Einfach “Jetzt anmelden!” klicken und Online-Formular ausfüllen.

Nach Bestätigung Ihres Antrages hinterlegen wir die Kreditkarte in Ihrem Amazon-Kundenkonto.

Bei Amazon.de einkaufen und sofort eine Gutschrift über 20 € auf Ihrer Kartenabrechnung erhalten. Viel Spaß![/quote]

I just ordered 3 titles adding up to more than 20 euros, therefore the postage worked out a bit cheaper for me.

This is turning into a nightmare!
I ignored the last message as I think it was just trying to get me to sign up for a credit card. Now I have this message which seems to be telling me I can’t complete my order.
Help!

*** Dieser Artikel kann leider nicht an den gewünschten Ort versandt werden. Sie können entweder die Versandadresse ändern oder den Artikel aus Ihrer Bestellung löschen, indem Sie die Stückzahl auf 0 setzen und anschließend auf “Aktualisieren” klicken. ***

[quote=“Phil H, post:103, topic:46”]This is turning into a nightmare!
I ignored the last message as I think it was just trying to get me to sign up for a credit card. Now I have this message which seems to be telling me I can’t complete my order.
Help!

*** Dieser Artikel kann leider nicht an den gewünschten Ort versandt werden. Sie können entweder die Versandadresse ändern oder den Artikel aus Ihrer Bestellung löschen, indem Sie die Stückzahl auf 0 setzen und anschließend auf “Aktualisieren” klicken. ***[/quote]
Since my german is rather terrible, i used babelfish to translate this message and this is what i got:
“This article cannot be dispatched unfortunately to the desired place. _ they can either the ship-to address change or the article from their order delete, by they the number of items on 0 set and following on “update” click”

Ah! It sounds like they won’t send to the UK eh?
Thanks mate.

[quote=“Phil H, post:105, topic:46”]Ah! It sounds like they won’t send to the UK eh?
Thanks mate.[/quote]

I live in the U.K and this message came up, and my order has been processed and is on its way.

Maybe I should have persevered then. I just gave up. I’ll have to try another day.

I must admit I did that when I first ordered from there.

Out of interest, what kind of postage cost did you pay for your order?

I paid 6 euros (about £4.17 U.K pounds) and that was for three discs with the standard shipping option.
I did see something else I liked after I had placed the order but the postage would have cost me 6 euros for 1 disc, so I did not bother.

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:110, topic:46”]I paid 6 euros (about £4.17 U.K pounds) and that was for three discs with the standard shipping option.
I did see something else I liked after I had placed the order but the postage would have cost me 6 euros for 1 disc, so I did not bother.[/quote]

Sounds pretty reasonable.

Thats what I thought, and I think the Koch discs are a good price aswell.

And like me you live in the U.K, and Germany part of the E.U …there should be no custom duty to pay when the item(s) enter the U.K.

Latest Koch Media releases English audio options:

• Denn Sie kennen kein Erbarmen (documentary): NO english options
  • Toete Amigo / Quien Sabe: TWO english audio options (old and new dub), no english subs
  • Yankee: English subtitles
  • Der Tod Sagt Amen: English subtitles

Good news, thanks for the info amigo :slight_smile:

“Ein Stoßgebet für drei Kanonen”.

Is this dvd with english subtiles?

Thaks,

Fredge

[quote=“Fredge, post:115, topic:46”]“Ein Stoßgebet für drei Kanonen”.

Is this dvd with english subtiles?[/quote]
No sadly the information supplied about it having English dub was wrong and it doesn’t have any subtitles either :frowning:

The new up-coming spaghetti western from x-rated Für eine Handvoll Blei is coming November 2. apparently, but at a price of 24 euro (!) apparently:

http://shop.dtm.at/product_info.php?products_id=33755

!? Does anyone know if there is something special about the release which warrents this price? Normally this price has been exclusive to x-rated releases with 2-discs but I thougt this was a 1-disc release. If not, it’s just bloody expensive.

they only sell through special retailers and they are full of shit? haha

According to Twitch film
A Bullet For a General has also been released? I don’t remember seeing this listed as one of the 2007 Koch Media DVDS. Uhmmm

http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/koch-media-western-collection-1-quien-sabe-a-bullet-for-the-general-r2-dvd/

Very insightful review of the film and R2 DVD.

Check that out.

yes coz it’s called Toete Amigo here :wink: mentioned coutnless times in here.
review to come soon.

that review doesn’t even mention the two available english dubs though