I’m new here, Hello!!

I have the usual films.
Dollars Trilogy
Once Upon The Time In The West
Fistful of Dynamite,
Django,
Great Silence
Sabata
Etc, can anyone recommend any others? Thanks.

Hello, irons.

Before this post gets moved or you get told off for not following the very strict forum guidelines for posting, I thoroughly recommend you check out this page:

Work your way through those films, as it’s a great introduction to the genre.

Thank you. Will look into that.

Yup. You should watch all the top 20 for sure…Top 50 actually…All the Sartana movies (none of which made the top 20) are really worth checking out :slight_smile:

Gianni Crea’s films are a must.

That just made me LOL.

Seriously, check out Shotgun AKA Vengeance Is My Forgiveness, Requiem For A Gringo AKA Duel In The Eclipse, A Bullet For Sandoval and John The Bastard, those are some personal favorites of mine.

And don´t forget Demofilo Fidani`s Films :wink:

I guess this is the sort of stuff I’m talking about. As I said I’ve seen the obvious ones, even Death Rides A Horse and the Trinity series. But I’m wondering if there’s hidden gems I’ve missed and don’t know about.
I’ve been watching westerns for over 30 years but some of the Euro ones have no doubt eluded me. I did buy the Spaghetti Western book by Chris Frayling recently but found it lacked depth, unless your a huge Leone fan. Requiem For Gringo and John The Bastard look interesting, might order them, thanks Silence.

From the stuff thats not top 20 (aside from the Sartana movies), Massacre Time, They Call Me Hallelujah and $10,000 Blood Money are favorites of mine. Hallelujah has quite a bit of comedy in it if you dont mind that…

[quote=“irons, post:8, topic:2553”]I guess this is the sort of stuff I’m talking about. As I said I’ve seen the obvious ones, even Death Rides A Horse and the Trinity series. But I’m wondering if there’s hidden gems I’ve missed and don’t know about.
I’ve been watching westerns for over 30 years but some of the Euro ones have no doubt eluded me. I did buy the Spaghetti Western book by Chris Frayling recently but found it lacked depth, unless your a huge Leone fan. Requiem For Gringo and John The Bastard look interesting, might order them, thanks Silence.[/quote]
Hey no problem! If you’re looking for hidden gems, also try The Greatest Robbery In The West, The Beast (most hate this one but I like it), Bastard, Go And Kill, Kill Them All And Come Back Alone, Django Story (everbody hates this one too but I like it) and Some Dollars For Django and My Name Is Pecos and Pecos Cleans are pretty good as well.

Also, here’s my Top 20 (most of the films are hidden gems):

1. Django
  2. Compañeros
  3. The Great Silence
  4. A Bullet For Sandoval
  5. John The Bastard
  6. Mannaja
  7. Keoma
  8. Massacre Time
  9. Duck You Sucker (tho I have to rewatch this)
  10. The Boldest Job In The West
  11. Requiem For A Gringo
  12. Shotgun
  13. God Forgives, I Don’t
  14. Django The Bastard (I have plans on rewatching this one tonight)
  15. A Gun For 100 Graves
  16. For A Few Dollars More
  17. Black Jack
  18. Once Upon A Time In The West
  19. Arriva Sabata
  20. I Want Him Dead

Along with top20, try these:

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Staff_favorites

Or with all the ones mentioned just watch any Spaghetti western you have not seen before :smiley: …works for me.

Search on the SWDB. There are several good articles about all different kind of Spaghetti Western. If you liked Fistful of Dynamite you could watch The Mercenary. It’s my favourite SW. :slight_smile:

This is where I got a lot of ideas for spaghetti westerns to watch:

[url]http://spaghettiwesterns.1g.fi/reviews.htm[/url]

Great site, great reviews. Even has a section for custom DVD covers.

All of the Sartana films I would recommend, as well as all of the westerns directed by Sergio Sollima (The Big Gundown, Face To Face, Run Man Run) and most of the ones directed by Sergio Corbucci (Django, The Great Silence, Compañeros, The Mercenary, Navajo Joe, Hellbenders, Minnesota Clay).

Eh, don’t recommend Minnesota Clay. It barely even qualifies as a spaghetti western, and I think it only gets as much attention as it does because Corbucci directed it.

It’s not my favourite but I had to throw it in there. But hey, Tarantino showed it at an Italian film festival, so why not. :wink: