Film Inquirys

Any movie that is non-Spagetti Western, ask about here!

Is there a film that you saw long ago but can’t remember the name, or do you want to find out more about a certain film? If you do, ask here!

I’ll start the ball rolling with this: Has anyone here seen “The Mask of Dimitrios” (1944), starring Peter Lorre, Sydney Greenstreet and Zachary Scott. I recently found the novel it was based on, and I wondered if anyone had seen it, and if so, how good it was. Thank you.

You anglophones start to puzzle me more and more

In recent times I’ve been confronted repeatedly with plurals on -ys:

one inquiry, two (or more) inquirys,

while I have always learned (rather than learnt): one inquiry, two (or more) inquiries

Dis I miss something?

Learned is ok as is learnt, as is speeded as is sped. (Recent discussion brought it to light)

I know, but what about inquirys etc. ?

Until recently I had never seen this, and now I noticed it several times within a few days. Is it something popular among young people?

Firefox spellcheck hates inquirys.

John, I’ve recently seen Mask of Dimitrios. I liked it. Check YouTube. Specifically the channel of HankQuinlan

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:4, topic:1946”]I know, but what about inquirys etc. ?

Until recently I had never seen this, and now I noticed it several times within a few days. Is it something popular among young people?[/quote]

It should be inquiries Scherp. But I’m glad to see our language still causes you some confusion. It makes it all seem worthwhile somehow.

Blast! I can’t believe I miss-spelt a word from my own language! Is there a way of changing a topic’s title?

Sure it’s not Langwitch ?

Ouch.

In German the plural of inquiry would be inquirys.

Nevertheless (wether possoble or not) please don’t change the topic title, otherwise we would have to delete the whole thread!!!

There has not been much discussion about any film(s) yet in the thread so why not delete and start again.

Good idea !

[quote=“Dillinger, post:11, topic:1946”]In German the plural of inquiry would be inquirys.

Nevertheless (wether possoble or not) please don’t change the topic title, otherwise we would have to delete the whole thread!!![/quote]
many a tear will be shed for that :-\

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:2, topic:1946”]You anglophones start to puzzle me more and more

In recent times I’ve been confronted repeatedly with plurals on -ys:

one inquiry, two (or more) inquirys,

while I have always learned (rather than learnt): one inquiry, two (or more) inquiries

Dis I miss something?[/quote]

off topic banter alert

x2

I would but I can’t figure out how to delete the whole thread. I can only get rid of my posts and not the actual thread. Help please?