European Football Cup 2012

Now Portugal Holland is going to be a game for real men

[size=36pt]FORÇA PORTUGAL [/size]

Not at all.

Germany beats Portugal and Holland, Portugal and Danemark draw
This means Holland - Portugal will be a game without any importance (Germany and Danemark play 0-0)

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:22, topic:3016”]Not at all.

Germany beats Portugal and Holland, Portugal and Danemark draw
This means Holland - Portugal will be a game without any importance (Germany and Danemark play 0-0)[/quote]

WRONG you will beat the Germans

Men got a house full of people, and I’m alone in the room trying to put the kid to sleep

Good luck, Topo!
It’s going to be a good match! 8)

Shit these Germans don’t scare no one, I only fear two teams in this Euro France and Spain

GO PORTUGAL

[quote=“El Topo, post:25, topic:3016”]Shit these Germans don’t scare no one, I only fear two teams in this Euro France and Spain

GO PORTUGAL[/quote]

Looks very much like the game of this afternoon.
A lot of ball posession for Germany, but Portugal almost in the lead (if it weren’t for the crossbar)

Dissapointing German team so far

i’I’M too bloody drunk better nott write anything

fuck

A lucky win for Germany, but so far my predictions have come true

Portugal impressed me more than Holland, but I think they need a win over Danmark to reach the second round
For Germany the game against Holland will probably be easier for them than this one: they can lean back and use their quick breaks and speed up-front to hurt the weak Dutch defence.

Yes, it was not really deserved.

It wasn’t, but the first game is always difficult and the Portuguese coach had studied the German game quite well

I know Germany is playing more attractively these days than they did in the past, but what has remained, is this preference for the counter-attack: the quick break is still the most lethal German weapon. If you take away the space - like the Portuguese did - the team is in trouble.
But they can always throw the ball in front of the goal and hope for a header by Gomez or Klose, and this is what brought them victory today. Holland, when playing without Huntelaar, doesn’t have a similar weapon. It’s still the Dutch disease: we still think a better player is always better in any position. Van Persie is a much better football player than Huntelaar or Gomez, but you need a Gomez or a Huntelaar upfront. Bert van Marwijk doesn’t seem to understand this.

Anyway: I think the tournament will be over for Holland wednesday night at half past ten.

Somehow I hope that too.

But I’m not so sure that it will happen.

Do you think Portugal will beat Denmark?

[quote=“Stanton, post:31, topic:3016”]Somehow I hope that too.

But I’m not so sure that it will happen.

Do you think Portugal will beat Denmark?[/quote]

I think Portugal is the better team, but the Danes can play the same game again (and they showed they play it well): let the opponent do the hard work, and wait for their chances. Portugal will have to take the initiative now, they can’t play like they did against Germany.

Holland - Germany becomes very special now, an all-or-nothing game for one of the favourites, you don’t see that very often in a tournament like this.
I guess the Dutch players see it like this: all or nothing. They’ll take any risk to set things right, but this favours Germany: they can copy the ‘Danish game’, and have much better players to execute this game. Apart from 18-year old Willems, Holland is slow in defense and defensive midfield (our best defender, Matthijssen, is injured, our best defensive midfielder, Van Bommel, is 35!)

I had the idea yesterday night that being the great favourite (along with Spain) was a great burden for the German team. So far everybody saw them as this young, attractive team that did better than expected. The pressure was on the opponent (two years ago: England, Argentina), but now the pressure is on them. That’s a completely different situation.

It’s always easier not to be in the role of the favourite. But if they want to become a real great team they have to rake this burden and deal with it. We talked about 1974, and that was surely at the beginning also the problem in that tournament.

But Holland will have the advantage that they will know the result of Portugal - Denmark. If Denmark loses a tie would give them still a good chance for the quarter-finals.

Still can’t believe we lost the game, I know football today is all about tactics occupying the spaces, transitions and all that stuff, I also know that most teams in Europe qualified to the Euro or not, have at least a better striker than the ones we have, and we miss players like Rui Costa or Deco, a regista, an real number 10, but why we didn’t play at least half a part, like we did after Germany score I just can’t understand.

We have more than enought quality in the wings and defense to pull that, everyone was saying we already had lost the game before it started (even i), so if it’s lost, lost for one lost for a thousand, German team is always danger, but for God sake, I didn’t see anything special, take Ozil out and they will play their usual game, without extra quality players for that type of game.

Maybe I’m too impulsive, I’m, but I would play with Ronaldo at front and two wings, nani, the gypsy or even Varela always pushing the game ahead, now we gave the Germans a moral boost, they were needing i suppose, but to beat a team like Spain they have to improve their game.

Also Ronaldo wanted to show he’s a team player alwayas making assistences to others, screw that, he must go all the way one on one eye on the ball, and forget the other that’s what we like and wanted to see, with results or not.

Anyway if we can’t beat the Danes, that means we couldn’t score all the chances will be creating in the game, meaning we have no bussiness here, and should be send packing home.

On a good side (or not) half the team was SPORTING made

Patricio
Varela
Veloso
Moutinho
Ronaldo
Nani

Half the team [size=14pt]SPORTING[/size]?

Then you should write [size=14pt]SPORTING[/size] (and [size=12pt]PORT[/size][size=12pt]UGAL[/size]) should play in Green and Red again (not all-red)

It’s not red its bourdeaux

Okay, okay

[size=36pt]PORTUGAL [/size]

[url]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/833/mediaxll12332331.jpg/[/url]

Is it really maroon or is it red [size=24pt]?[/size]

(Well, the future is ORANGE, the past is SHIT)

I don’t see a great future for the guy in the photo (Postiga), with him on the team we start with ten

No strikers for Spain, starting with six midfielders!?!?!?!

It’s the Dutch disease for Spain: they play without a centre forward (and with two midfielders on the left and the right)
What an idea, six midfielders !

Otherwise a surprisingly good Italy, if they go on like this (and those two lunatics upfront - Ballotelli and Cassano - aren’t sent off), they might even win the game