Dynamite Joe / Joe l’implacabile (Antonio Margheriti, 1967)

Nope.

This one’s Jim: Dinamite Jim - The Spaghetti Western Database

And this one’s Joe : Joe l'implacabile - The Spaghetti Western Database

Also a eurowestern called Dynamite Jack :smiley: :

[url]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/DYNAMITE_JACK[/url]

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:22, topic:1103”]Also a eurowestern called Dynamite Jack :smiley: :

[url]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/DYNAMITE_JACK[/url][/quote]

The one with Fernandel not a bad flick seen it for the first time in years thanks to my mate Pereira.

I’m glad for that.

I just watched to this Dynamite Joe. Antonio Margheriti’s worst spaghetti in my opinion, but I didn’t watch “Fantasma en el Oeste” yet. Not really funny and what an annoying music it has.

Then you maybe haven’t seen his unfunny comedy Whiskey and Ghosts.

edit: which maybe is Fantasma en el oeste

[quote=“Stanton, post:25, topic:1103”]Then you maybe haven’t seen his unfunny comedy Whiskey and Ghosts.

edit: which maybe is Fantasma en el oeste[/quote]

Exactly. Not yet.

Thanks PHIL H for the up-date and correction,I have now looked both films up

I just watched this one and thought it was one of the better comedy westerns.

6/10.

Small review now available at my blog:

Watched this film yesterday and I must say, I really liked it. :slight_smile:
Great Action and explosions and not unfunny like the most other comedy westerns.
7,5 /10

-What is the longest version of this one ? I saw only a copy of a German VHS in 1,78:1 wich runs 86 Minutes in PAL-

My English version runs slightly longer. About 87 min.

Have a fandub which runs just over 91 mins.

A greek vhs that runs just over 97 mins.

Heard there is a new composite fandub version now, but do not know the running time of that.

Have the Greek VHS a good picture quality and have it English Audio ?

Is that Fandub from the Spanish DVD ?

Sounds good, I must look for this or a copy of the Greek VHS ! :slight_smile:

Database comment:

Antonio Margheriti’s uneven genre debut is a less gloomy affair than his later better known revenge westerns. With its elegantly dressed hero, who always has a last trick in store and solves everything by dynamiting away all his foes and problems, Joe l’implacabile is clearly an easygoing forerunner for the Sartana/Sabata type of SW heroes, which became popular not before mid 68.

Average quality for a vhs print. It is slightly in widescreen with english audio. Certainly a watchable print.

Yes the 91min fandub is from the Spanish dvd.

How is Rik Van Nutter in this spaghetti western?

You know he was Felix Leiter in the 007 movie Thunderball :wink:

Remember someone saying he sort of mimicks some of the facial expressions of Clint Eastwood from the Dollar films.

He looks a bit like Anthony Steffen and Dean Reed ! :wink:

Slightly confused amigos…I thought “JOE EL IMPLACABLE” WAS NAVAJO JOE WITH BURT REYNOLDS are we on the same topic/film now as DYNAMITE JOE and JOE l"implacabile

Just got the ost to this film in the mail. Shoot me, but I love the score! ::slight_smile: