DVDS Which Type Do You Buy The Most ? POLL

DVDS WHICH TYPE DO YOU BUY THE MOST ? POLL

MYSELF I look to BUY Digitally Remastered DVDS From Original Negatives 35MM.
English Or Italian Audio and 100% Brand New Sealed.

I almost NEVER BUY any DVDS that are transferred from VHS Sources ??? or Bootlegs.
I almost NEVER BUY DVDS that have no English or Italian Audio or Any “Home Made” ???

What about you ?? :o

What’s the point of this topic?

Relax Bad LT It is all running now. The Poll is complete and unlocked so get in there !!

:slight_smile: ;D

I try to buy the best release their is of a given movie

The above options doesn’t seem to make much sense. Setting used dvds up agains bootlegs and movies drawn from 35 mm negative !? What’s the reason behind the chosen options??

If you want to SUGGEST any category improvements please DO.
I thought the options were clear enough :o

You are setting used dvds up against how they were remastered. I fail to see how this makes any reason at all?

USED or Second hand means simply if you are a USED GOODS buyer remastered or not.

You are only choosing 2 options !!! It cannot be that difficult to vote unless you are
embarassed to say that you deal in bootlegs or illegal DVDS etc :’(

I voted easily and honestly for REMASTERED 35 mm or Remastered Not 35mm NEW :slight_smile:

If you have “secrets” like ELIOT SPITZER :wink: :smiley: ??? then you may hesitate if not VOTE plz.

No you don’t understand I simply do not understand why the two options are available in the same poll. If I mostly bought used dvds which were remastered from 35mm negatives that would be the ones I would have to choose ? Also mixing it with what language the dvds are in is again in conflict with the other categories.

Most of my dvds are not in my chosen first language (I’m from Denmark, we don’t dub our movies) so I would be forced to select that as a category? How does that have anything to do with buying used dvds or bootlegs even?

But I won’t interfere… Happy voting for the ones to whom it does make sense.

I am NOT really focusing on Denmark or Your Subtitled No Dubs Problems.
This is a GENERAL POLL trying to see WHAT TYPE of DVD Forumites buy.

I repeat you have 2 choices as to what fits your DVD buying the nearest.
It is NOT a truth or inquisition :’( I cannot SIMPLIFY the choices any further ???

I know you get DVDS from that Pacific set up which I dislike their TERMS as I posted.

Lets not waste any more time VOTE or If you dont know what DVDs you Buy dont vote.

how does anamorphic widescreen not include the two above options, the one doesn’t really have much to do with the other. if i buy a dvd, how do i know what the source material was? the average dvd buyer, and i’d go as far as saying most people in here, wouldn’t know how many millimeters the source was of a dvd that is in 1.78:1 non-anamorphic format. what counts is the end result, 35mm or not

Most of my dvds fulfill all these criteria: DVDS Digitally Remastered From Original Negatives 35mm, DVDS Anamorphic , Wide Screen ., DVDS That Are Not In Your Chosen First Language.

So what do you want me to do… ?

My point was that these criteria have nothing to do with eachother directly and therefore a poll between them does not make sense.

And SD, It may come as a surprise to you that I get dvds from other places than pacific :o Just wanted to mention it as you seem to bring up this point in all the discussions we seem to have.

Sebastian you make good points.
I can see that anamorphic/widescreen is really a DUPLICATION of Remastered choices.
The information about “remastered from original negatives 35mm” is usually on Dvd Box

This poll may not get too many votes because as you say it can be ambiguous to some.
I cannot and would never alter anything that has got 1 or more votes but I can alter
anything still on 0 votes.

Any GUIDANCE from you is much appreciated, thanks. :slight_smile:

I make an effort to but dvds that are widescreen and anamorphic, whether or not they are remastered from a 35mm or not isn’t a big deal or even known sometimes. I have purchased some dvd-rs as there are plenty of movies that are not available in R1 with some sort of English option (Thank you Franco Cleef).

[quote=“Søren, post:11, topic:928”]Most of my dvds fulfill all these criteria: DVDS Digitally Remastered From Original Negatives 35mm, DVDS Anamorphic , Wide Screen ., DVDS That Are Not In Your Chosen First Language.

So what do you want me to do… ?

My point was that these criteria have nothing to do with eachother directly and therefore a poll between them does not make sense.

And SD, It may come as a surprise to you that I get dvds from other places than pacific :o Just wanted to mention it as you seem to bring up this point in all the discussions we seem to have.[/quote]

Well Soren now that you have stated your circumstances I would say your votes are:

Digitally remastered from 35mm negatives
DVDs Not In Your Chosen First Language

That would be your 2 votes and they would be correct.
As I said to Seb, I can see now that the choices can be seen as duplicated/ambiguous.

I can CHANGE only 0 votes so ANY SUGGESTIONS are welcome.

Glad to hear you buy from others too ;D Sorry if you got “hurried up” earlier :o

Thanks Frank , I gather therefore you voted Anamorphic/ widescreen from your post.
All voters have 2 choices but you can vote for only 1. Franco Cleef I agree good DVD-Rs :slight_smile:

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:15, topic:928”]Thanks Frank , I gather therefore you voted Anamorphic/ widescreen from your post.
All voters have 2 choices but you can vote for only 1. Franco Cleef I agree good DVD-Rs :)[/quote]

Yeah that was my vote.
I also plan on getting some more Franco Cleef releases soon.

what about OAR DVDs? I don’t want a widescreen copy of a film shot in academy!