Downbeat endings

I just saw Frank’s posting on Great Silence. For him one of the most impressive facors of this flick is the downbeat ending. I share this opinion, the ending is really hard stuff.

Just before reading his comment I rewatched Cut-throaths Nine and the ending reminded me of GS. The reason for this was not the winterly setting, but the devastating final.

What do you think? Do you remember SWs, that can compete with these depressing finals?

I can think of at least three others of the top of my head - and I was gonna post them …

… but do you think it wise that we have a thread that’s ruins the ending for those that haven’t seen them? :wink:

So should I add a spoiler warning to the thread?

That’d be a first … actually that’s not a bad idea …
Specially as I’ve just let …
Cemetery Without Crosses; El Puro; and Death Played The Flute
outa the bag :smiley:

… and Black Jack :wink:

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:4, topic:1565”]Specially as I’ve just let …
Cemetery Without Crosses; El Puro; and Death Played The Flute
outa the bag :D[/quote]

How dare you!

Unfortunately I can’t really say much about Black Jack for I have a DVD with a quite crippled ending…

Navajo Joe
Long days of vengeance- haven’t seen this yet anbody care to confirm?
Mannaja- the hero doesn’t die but everybody else did
A minute to pray…Second to die uncut version
Blindman- he still didn’t get his 50 women HAHA

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:7, topic:1565”]Navajo Joe
Long days of vengeance- haven’t seen this yet anbody care to confirm?
Mannaja- the hero doesn’t die but everybody else does
Today we kill tommorow we die uncut version
Blindman- he still didn’t get his 50 women HAHA[/quote]

Out of curiosity…what happens at the end of the uncut Today We Kill?

Oops! I changed my post. I actually meant A minute to pray…

Haha…that’s a relief! You really had me worried there!

The alternative ending is actually what I predicted, so I was shocked when I saw the real ending.

But when it comes to the best “sad” ending it has to be Cemetary without Crosses, for some reason I find it much more satisfying than TGS.

No doubt,thats ‘Silver saddle’

The grim climax of Seven Dollars to Kill is pretty hard to beat…

Silver Saddle - sad ???

I always found the ending of Garringo quite sad.

[quote=“Silence, post:15, topic:1565”]I always found the ending of Garringo quite sad.[/quote]i see where you’re coming from with that.

???

[quote=“Silence, post:17, topic:1565”]???[/quote]it’s not hard silence, peter lee lawrence’s character didn’t deserve to die like that, so i’m agreeing with you, it’s a sad ending.

Ahh now I see what you meant. That’s why I thougt it was sad too. I like the story but I would have wanted to be the hero in some way. And I also thougt that Garringo was rather unlikeable.