Dollar for the Dead (Gene Quintano, 1998)

Yes, the screenplay had some surely idiotic parts storywise.

gently speaking :wink:

Not viewed any version of 3.10 To Yuma, just never got round to it I guess.

Warner Archive released this film this month. It’s about time that it got a decent USA release.

Just watched the clip on the WB website, this actually looks pretty cool. The drink dropping scene reminds me of My Name is Nobody :P. Also, anybody know who does the music?

[quote=“LVC, post:24, topic:442”]Warner Archive released this film this month. It’s about time that it got a decent USA release.[/quote]Don’t know how the quality compares between the two but there is a U.K. DVD that can be had cheaply.

It’s quite fun and entertaining movie, I just can’t see it as a Sergio Leone homage as it is marketed. There isn’t much resemblance with Leone films except the treasure hunt plot and maybe the whisky glass scene which reminds My name is Nobody. It reminded me a lot of Robert Rodriguez’s films with over the top action scenes and many characters -and like with Rodriguez sometimes the action scenes work but sometimes they sprawl into mindless and chaotic mess. I thought Estevez was pretty good in the lead, reminded me of Tony Anthony with his troubled look. Music was forgettable though.

My rating: 5/10