Django Strikes Again / Django 2: il grande ritorno (Nello Rossati, 1987)

I know what you mean, even though Iā€™m also at loss with right terms. One factor is the way 35mm film itself evolved, which also chanced the brightness/colours used in movies worldwide. Movies from 80s often looks very ā€œTV production likeā€ to me too, even the big Hollywood ones. I love the way films looked in 60s and 70s and Japanese 50s b&w films might be visually the most beautiful thing in cinema, almost everything from 80s sucks in comparison. I donā€™t like this modern style either, with unnatural colours and music video aesthetics. From films that looked as if they were shot on video we have now moved to films that look far too digital and lifeless to me.

Thatā€™s what I was talking about.

Itā€™s the video look. Awful.

Scalps (from 1987 as well) looks great, it feels like a 70s movie.

1 Like

Itā€™s quite a shame that this one is the only official sequel of the SW Classic Django. Franco Nero returns and yes he is named Django again but the Movie has nothing to do with the original. Director Nello Rossati aka Ted Archer is not a Sergio Corbucci (and not even close to a Castellari either). The movie looks like more a typical 80ā€™s action flick. Most of these action flicks round that time have in common: hilarious plots and lines. Django even has to shoot somebody in his bottom. Sorry but a villain who lives on a Steamboat and has a passion for his butterfly collection ??? Maybe itā€™s better to watch Django 2 as unintentional comedy. Unfortunately they decided to move Django from the Mexican Border to somewhere in South America which doesnā€™t fit well to a Western Hero. Nevertheless it was somehow entertaining thatā€™s why 3/5 .
I remember I tried to watch it several times on TV and fell asleep every time. On my DVD there was an Interview with Franco and he talked gently about this movie and the lead actors. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My real name is Johnā€¦ :wink: :

John Django:First Blood XL

1 Like

John Django is back to save his Nam buddies and this time itā€™s personalā€¦

2 Likes

1 Like

LOL

Oh no super ENNIOO to the rescueā€¦think I had better have another beer :o .

1 Like

Well, well, well. Iā€™ve re-watch this mofo yesterday.
Although I had some memories about the Mariposa Negra boat and the dig up of the machinegun, I didnā€™t recollect a micron of the plot. I guess it was partially enjoyable but as a logical sequel of Django it looks very wrong.

1 Like

django 2 or a junk ko 2? i prefer the title junk ko 2!

ha ha the grandpa django!!

Yes. Surely more junk than Django.

django itā€™s a masterpiece
django 2 itā€™s a crappypiece!

Hereā€™s some pics from the Portuguese VHS (not mine):

This is a masterpiece!

the cover yes, not the movie

Ennioo strikes again. :smiley:
Is this worth to buy it on dvd?
Iā€™m hesitating and I donā€™t wanna spend my money on trashes. :-\

this has nothing to do with original django, for me itā€™s very trashy not worth