Django Lives!

Personally I don’t see much chance of SWs ever becoming popular in the mainstream, beyond talking points about Leone and the influence on directors like Tarantino. I have heard some non-film podcasts talking about Corbucci though, since he directed the original Django, and they brought up The Great Silence as well. But overall, I think that SWs are either in your blood or they aren’t, and really I wouldn’t want them to become wildly popular to be honest. It would be nice to have them more widely available, but then again the hunt has always been part of the fun.

I would love to see some new SW style westerns released, but I just do not have any desire for the original genre to become another mainstream commodity that people pretend to love for a year and then leave it less dignified when its novelty has worn off. Although I guess that’s basically how the genre started, haha…

the SW hunt gave me few nightmares - pleasant nightmares

Yeah and wasn’t Ben Affleck and Liam Neeson supposed to be interested as well?

We have located the rights holders (Nori Corbucci, Bruno Corbucci’s two sons and Luis E. Bacalov).
Nori doesn’t want a dime. She just wants the movie to be made.

The Corbucci boys have been very accommodating and are only asking for 3 grand.

Strangely, it is Bacalov who is asking for the higher number. He wants 10,000 American.
Still reasonable but it puts us in a problematic situation.

We’ve spent all of our start up funds to get us to this point and all the investors who are putting up the millions for the movie itself refuse to invest a dime until we have the rights sorted out.

I’m not asking you to invest yourself but if you know anybody else who would?
They would get a 15% return on investment when the film goes into production.

We’re only looking for $13,000 to clear the rights.

We would have additional lawyer fees afterwards but everything should fall into place once we own the property.
And to clairfy … we’re not picky of the amount. We’ll accept as
little as $1,000 (probably even less) from anyone to try to reach our goal.

But if somebody is able to invest the full $13,000 then they would be eligible for a producer credit of some kind.
And if somebody comes in for $30,000, covering not only the rights but the additional lawyer fees, an “association with” credit would be granted.

If anybody is interested in spreading the word they can contact me for the pitch package.

spag_fan@yahoo.com

Thank you.

This topic just popped up on the Rock!Shock!Pop! Euro Cult board, haven’t checked out the FB post it mentions yet:

http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/showthread.php?6372-Django-Lives!&s=ebe45f7208b998d26ded3709b5e8e892

That pic/poster looks pretty cool though! Man, I keep getting really psyched for this project!

“This is a Movie that Needs to Happen.”

1. Agreed

Facebook page is finally up. Has several articles as well as photos with the producers and eventual cast (Recent pics of Tomas Milain included).
Be sure to like. Pretty please 8)

Liked :wink:

Milian got thin, last I saw him was in Traffic.

Agree! :wink: And about the revival of SW: I don’t think that it would ever happen! There could be sw-inspired movies (like Django Unchained), but they will always be homages to the genre, not real Italian westerns! The spaghetti western was a product of it’s time and like I often love to describe: a legendary era in the western movies history! The times have changed…
I’m really interested in Django Lives, but even if it becomes a great movie (and I don’t think so), it would just be a new western movie with a nostalgia towards the Italian west of the 60ies…

http://hollywoodprop.com/trailduster.htm
Have you checked that? :wink:

Ah, that trail duster is the same one I have! Got it much cheaper than the Hollywoodprop price from culturedcowboy.com

Nice! :smiley:

It’ll be nice…
franco nero is excited about tarantino’s Django…
oh…corbucci where are u to see these days…

franco u must face another day…lol

You’re welcome Mickey! ;D

Maybe Django will have a machine gun fitted to a wheel chair :smiley: .

1 Like

ala FDR: American Badass :wink:

[quote=“Salty Jim, post:50, topic:3115”]Agree! :wink: And about the revival of SW: I don’t think that it would ever happen! There could be sw-inspired movies (like Django Unchained), but they will always be homages to the genre, not real Italian westerns! The spaghetti western was a product of it’s time and like I often love to describe: a legendary era in the western movies history! The times have changed…
I’m really interested in Django Lives, but even if it becomes a great movie (and I don’t think so), it would just be a new western movie with a nostalgia towards the Italian west of the 60ies…[/quote]

Agreed on all accounts

Don’t know if this link has been posted anywhere in here but here goes:

Seems the project still lives.

Doesn’t just live, it now has a writer/director that makes it very promising.