Directors you'd like to see make a western?

I love the scene with the air pressure gun. :smiley:

Unfortunately nobody seems to take the risk to do a SW! :frowning:

[quote=ā€œPaco Roman, post:41, topic:1312ā€]unfortunately nobody seems to take the risk to do a SW! :([/quote]in this age of remakes and a few westerns appearing lately perhaps someone might have a go at remaking a classic SW?

Indeed he would, although Iā€™d replace ā€œsemiā€ with ā€œawesomeā€.

If you hadnā€™t guessed by my name and avatar from ā€œLa leggenda del pianista sullā€™oceanoā€, Tornatore is my favorite living director. Iā€™m really looking forward to ā€œBaaria - La porta del ventoā€ which should be out later this year. Even more exciting is his next project ā€œLeningradā€ which was originally to have been Sergio Leoneā€™s next movie after ā€œOnce upon a Time in Americaā€.

Iā€™d like to see Rodriguez do a Sartana entry

I think heā€™d make something that feels more like a real spaghetti than some director that takes everything too seriously and would never conform to true spaghettiness

Always wanted to see a Scorsese western. And of course a Tarantino western.

the Cohen brothers have been mentioned, but no mention of the ā€œspaghetti westernā€ they were rumored to be makingā€¦

are all those rumors un-true? heard a lot of people talk about it for quite a while now, never really looked into it

http://www.filmwad.com/coen-brothers-to-make-spaghetti-western-5559-p.html

I remember hearing that too. Maybe theyā€™ll do one in the next few years.

Me too

I think he has already been mentionend, but Cronenberg would be great.

[quote author=korano link=topic=1493.msg40418#msg40418 date=1224735836]
There were some spaghetti references in lock, stockā€¦ Theres that scene with the two irishmen and Morriconeā€™s musical pocket watch playing.

Caught that!

Roger Corman. Would love to see his combination of creepy elements & big busted hotties! :slight_smile: :wink: :smiley:

But Corman made a few westerns [havenā€™t seen any of them], so i donā€™t think he belongs in this topic

Harm Siepel

It will happen (someday).
I already have the dialogue ready, which is taken from a public domain American thirties western. The main protaganist is called Missouri. Title will be Missouri kills them all.

Kurosawa (if he were still alive).

ā€œFistful of Dollarsā€ and ā€œMagnificent Sevenā€ show that the basic plots of ā€œYojimboā€ and ā€œSeven Samuraiā€, at the very least, could work as (Spaghetti) Westerns. The cynical ending to ā€œSeven Samuraiā€, not quite achieved to the same degree in the ā€œMagnificent Sevenā€, is typical of many SWs.

And as for his distinctive style, even Leone himself admitted that he was very influenced by it when developing his own directorial style.

Man, I have a real urge to watch ā€œSeven Samuraiā€ right now.

Iā€™d like to see Tarantino have his take on the genre. Kill Bill Vol. 2 was the closest thing so far.

Also Zach Snyder the director of 300 and Watchmen.

Iā€™d also agree with Clint directing another western.

[quote=ā€œBad Lieutenant, post:53, topic:1312ā€]It will happen (someday).
I already have the dialogue ready, which is taken from a public domain American thirties western. The main protaganist is called Missouri. Title will be Missouri kills them all.[/quote]

And you also got part of the location. And the Texas girls!

The Coen Brothers would make a great spaghetti western! Millerā€™s Crossing had a Italo western feel and
silmiliar stylistic devices (great movie btw).

In some ways Edgar Wright seems interesting for oneā€¦
If Kinji Fukasaku was still alive, heā€™d definitely deliverā€¦
or Even Michael Mannā€¦

Was anyone else dissapointed greatly by Once upon a time In Mexico?
With a name like that it flopped

Canā€™t wait to see the Good The Bad and the Weird

His first film was a comedy Spaghetti Western style film called A Fistful of Fingers, iā€™ve been wanting to see that for ages

I liked the movie, particularly the part where Johnny Depp gets out of the car blind and in those new clothesā€¦ very Spaghetti-like

[quote=ā€œRififii, post:57, topic:1312ā€]Was anyone else dissapointed greatly by Once upon a time In Mexico?
With a name like that it flopped[/quote]
I wasnā€™t disappointed (Movies with Salma Hayek never disappoint me!) but I didnā€™t liked it that he used the Once upon a time ā€¦ in the title. It would be better if RR had done a Desperado 2 more similar to Desperado or El Mariachi. At least some scenes were great fun but somehow it was too much.

The ā€œoldā€ John Woo would be perfect for a SW. :slight_smile:

I used to love ā€œOnce Upon a Time in Chinaā€ā€¦classic Jet Li