Cycling corner

I’m soooooooooooooooooo tired, can’t feel my legs wanna go home, just went up to the Col du Tourmalet, and the Luz-Ardiden.

Oh-la-la from now on I won’t ask for this shit no more, all flat from now on, better saying all non bicyclet for a long period

Sports are sports, but cycling is just different its able to be both epic and mythical.

Just finish watching, one of the most entertaining Paris/Roubaix races of the last years. Favourite Cancellara won by half a bike, at the amazing average speed of 44km/h, just amazing, I just can’t imagine going top speed in the cobbles section near the crowd

Well once again news from my favourite cycling classic Paris/Roubaix. Great race this here, there wasn’t a massive sprint cause Dutch rider Niki Terpstra (Omega Pharma Quick step) made a successful escape in the last 5 km. Great win for the Dutch

It was run with an amazing average speed of 45km/h, the fastest one so far, possible cause all the big names were most of the time up on the front. The magic about this race is that its raced the exact same way it rave forty or fifty years ago, its a jurassic exemple of cycling, even the strade bianchi in italy is different cause there’s a lot of uphills, here its always fullspped ahead.

I’m taking a sabatic years from cycling myself cause of work mostly, I just don’t have time for training anymore so the beer belly is growing fast, but things will change soon with the new carbon frame road machine I just bought, the off road trails are just becoming to exausting for me, tiem to hit the asphalt.

With the World Cup fever going on, some didn’t notice another big sportif event is going on at the same time, THE TOUR DE FRANCE.
This year I’m not going to be able to do the Pyrenees stage, but I will watch every stage as usual.

Many german stage victories including the one today, with Tony Martin winning (and not a TT, but road stage). And like during the 1990 WC, also in the day of the final, it was a German rider who won the tour stage, so.

The cycling is a welcome change from football for me.