Compañeros / Vamos a matar, compañeros (Sergio Corbucci, 1970)

He some performances that are more annoying…

Thats right,for example ‘The White, the yellow, and the black’.
I like this,think its a funny parody,better than many other movies made at this time,wich want to be funny and no one could laugh.
Maybe its because i like Gemma and Wallach.
But Milians role is below ground,the worst acting i’ve seen in an italowestern !

I think I like this a slight bit better than THE MERCENARY mainly because it lacks the participation of Milian. THE MERCENARY is one of the best SW’s period, but I miss the quirkiness Milian undoubtedly would have brought to the table.

Great movie! Also very fun for us Swedes to hear Franco Nero speak Swedish :wink:
5/5

Is it me or does Franco Nero look like Viggo Mortensen. Great mix of action, light comedy & revolutionary overtones. Well acted. Is carrying a gatling gun in Nero’s contract? :wink:

[quote=“Silence, post:104, topic:68”]Great movie! Also very fun for us Swedes to hear Franco Nero speak Swedish :wink:
5/5[/quote]

A great movie indeed. So does Franco Nero do his own dubbing in the Swedish release? What’s his Swedish connection?

Movies are not dubbed in Sweden, we have the English language version, but Nero speaks a little Swedish in the film, with very strange accent

He is supposed to be a Swede in the film you know

Oh yes, I remember. It’s the scene when he’s talking to Professor Xantos when they’re on the run with El Vasco.

It’s an interesting partnership for an SW: A Swede and a Basque.

It’s funny how the Italian release had the Spanish name “Vamos a matar, compañeros” while the Spanish release was just called “Los Compañeros”.

Just loaned this one to a friend…trying to bring another future fan into the fold. :slight_smile:

I hope you convert.

"This day editing some DVD titles in Spain?.
It’s a shame how badly we are treated to spaghetti fans here.
And that this country had much to do with the genre … Maldita ironia.

Anyone know what Franco and Sergio fought about and why they stopped working together?

I heard somewhere that Franco was unhappy with what he saw as Tomas Milian getting the more attention or screen time. Who knows for sure. Franco doesn’t seem to want to talk about it because he always says “We had a fight so…”.

Personally, I don’t think that fight had anything to do with Milian, or any other actor. I think it had to do with MONEY and to a lesser degree disagreements over the types of projects Corbucci was presenting to him. Just my take on the situation and trying to read in between the lines of all the interviews I have seen with Franco over the years.

Like you say, korano…who knows for sure?
Quien sabe?

I suppose you’rs might be more accurate. After all, Franco doesn’t seem like the type of person who would have that problem. As an actor and a person.

Find Franco Nero very pleasant and likeable in all the interviews I have seen him in.

Tomas Milian I have found irritating in every interview I have seen him in as he is to full of himself.

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:118, topic:68”]Find Franco Nero very pleasant and likeable in all the interviews I have seen him in.

Tomas Milian I have found irritating in every interview I have seen him in as he is to full of himself.[/quote]

Got to agree with that. I do recall giving up on one interview with Milian for this very reason!

Tomas doesn’t really seem like he’d have a problem either (though I know him and Maurizio Merli didn’t like each other), they even said on the interview on the Companeros disc they were good friends, there was just some friendly rivalry.