Clint Eastwood

Informative, enthusiastic, bursting with expertise :slight_smile:

Itā€™s Clintā€™s birthday tomorrow, now thereā€™s a deadline.

Happy 88th to the man!

Clint

4 Likes

Iā€™ll second that.

Heā€™s still the only gringo who can get away with that poncho :grin: Happy Birthday Clint

1 Like

Happy Birthday Mr. Eastwood !

Hi Sebastian,
I emailed you a review of the Clint Eastwood book on 9th July - any feedback?

Thanks.

I will reply. Forgive the delay. Busy all around :slight_smile:

No bother - just checking you got it

Happy 89th to the main man! :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Wondered why ā€˜For a Few Dollars Moreā€™ was being screened on BBC2 tonight - at least they chose a good one :smiley:

2 Likes

Even though Clint has been involved in some great films since the 60s, my favourites are still the Leone trilogy.

1 Like

Nothing above, nothing like it. When it comes to Clint Eastwood films mind.

1 Like

He is my favorite SW actor ( just before Lee Van Cleef), and he also is my favorite actor overall in non SW movies, probably partly because he plays caracters I like.

My favorite non SW with Eastwood is still a western and directed (as far as I can judge) by himself in a clear SW style (maybe except for the location outside Spain or Italy).
That is High Plains Drifter, which also has a very good main music theme.

His other real american western appearances and the Dirty Harry films are also very good performances.

1 Like

You can jump to 4:30

2 Likes

Despite not being a bad film High Plains Drifter is a disappointing western by the Clint with a certain lack of atmosphere. Like the mediocre Pale Rider Eastwoodā€™s directing and his work with the actors is quite weak and all of the characters are more or less boring, but what makes High Plains Drifter better is that the filmā€™s nasty plot gives HPD some substance. Enough for a 6/10 and the wish someone else had used the filmā€™s potential for a better movie.
The supernatural stuff is ok in this one, it does not distract, but does not help much either.

I think it has a lot of atmosphere. Very much helped by the musical score and locations. The spooky music adds to the supernatural overtones the barren landscape compliments the morally barren characters of the film.

3 Likes

I had never heard of this

https://screenrant.com/clint-eastwood-magnificent-stranger-movie-lost-unavailable/

4 Likes

Wow! Great find. That is really interesting. Now, Iā€™m going to have to watch those two episodes of Rawhide.

When Explosive Media released the RAWHIDE series on DVD Ulrich Bruckner was searching for a German 35mm print of MALEDETTO GRINGO. Unfortunately it was impossible to find a copy. Only the German theatrical trailer appeared but it was ā€œforgottenā€ to put the trailer on one of the DVDĀ“sā€¦

1 Like