Chris Eubank is a spaghetti fan

in an interview in the London Lite newspaper last week none other than Chris Eubank (former middleweight and super middleweight world champion boxer and renowned eccentric) revealed that he is a closet SW fan:

‘If I’m in a romantic mood I’ll watch Once Upon A Time In West. Being hard and unforgiving is romantic in my eyes’

What a quote. Anyone know of any other celebrity SW fans? (other than film industry people…)

Don’t know who he is but it’s good to have SW fans among famos people today. And QT is of course an SW fan. And there’s Martin Koolhoven.

Liking OuTW doesn’t make him a SW fan. It’s only one film, and we don’t know if he likes more apart of this one.

Liking the Leone westerns is also not an indication for liking SWs.

yes you’re right, i’d be surprised if he admits to a liking for cemetary without crosses in his next interview. i just thought it was a funny quote (especially coming from eubank) and worth sharing!

Of course

[quote=“DoubleDrat, post:1, topic:1976”]in an interview in the London Lite newspaper last week none other than Chris Eubank (former middleweight and super middleweight world champion boxer and renowned eccentric) revealed that he is a closet SW fan:

‘If I’m in a romantic mood I’ll watch Once Upon A Time In West. Being hard and unforgiving is romantic in my eyes’

What a quote. Anyone know of any other celebrity SW fans? (other than film industry people…)[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I’m sure Eubank thinks OUATITW is “Simply the Best”.

[quote=“Stanton, post:3, topic:1976”]Liking OuTW doesn’t make him a SW fan. It’s only one film, and we don’t know if he likes more apart of this one.

Liking the Leone westerns is also not an indication for liking SWs.[/quote]

Thats right. I guy could love OUATITW and hate SWs in general at the same time.

As for other celebs, well Arnold Scwarczeneger (I can never spell his name right), and Jack Nicholson both like Django. And of course we have QT.

If you’d say AS people would think you mean Anthony Stiffen.

Josh Brolin mentioned he was a fan in an interview for the upcoming Jonah Hex film.

Not a celebrety but the Austrian Director Michael Haneke ( Funny Games, The White Ribbon, Cachè …) is a fan of The Great Silence.

as I’m sure everyone knows, Rancid did a cover of Django and they played the movie on their tour bus all the time(if what i read is true)… so I’m sure they’re fans… seems like lots of musicians like SWs, can’t think of any others at the moment

Damn… I only wish his films were more like The Great Silence. If I ever had to sit through the Pianist and Cache, I will become homicidal.

I liked the Pianist

And I liked Cache. :slight_smile:

Not to forget Funny Games

As usual, I happen to be contrarian :smiley:

Glad to see that you people appreaciate his movies. I like Cachè too. :slight_smile:

@Mrs Angel Eyes please don’t get homicidal. :smiley: