Chelo Alonso- The Cuban H-Bomb

For the uninitiated, prepare to be awed. For those already in the know, enjoy:

http://exoticdance.blogspot.com/2007/07/chelo-alonso-aka-cuban-h-bomb.html

There are no Spaghetti pictures here but it IS a nice collection! :-* :-* :-* :‘( :’( :cry: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Take me my Darling Romaine...
                                                                           /

But I only want to put you on a pedestal - sob! /
/ ____/
/ Never mind ___ /
/ old chap __ /
/ / _______/
/ / /

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

All I have to say is DDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNN ;D

Just been watching an old Peplum and wouldn’t you know, there was the object of your affections as an evil queen (with a sideline in suggestive dancing!). Alas she came to a sticky end… It was called Son Of Samson…seen it?

[url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Lusiphur/PDVD_481.jpg[/url]

sorry…the dancing scene wouldn’t cap well…

And I got to see her tonight as Mrs Stevens’ in GBU - she is so unglamourous in this - but still ‘something’ shines thru’ the grime.

Hey Romaine, last night you were talking about how your chelo alonso post never picked up. Well, now it has.

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:2, topic:1208”] Take me my Darling Romaine…
/
But I only want to put you on a pedestal - sob! /
/ ____/
/ Never mind ___ /
/ old chap __ /
/ / _______/
/ / /[/quote]

Good god almighty :P. Thanks Rev. “Darling Romaine”: heheh. That sounds so ridiculous. ;D What is that photo from? La Stada Dei Giganti? Man, would I love to see that.

[quote=“Silver, post:4, topic:1208”]Just been watching an old Peplum and wouldn’t you know, there was the object of your affections as an evil queen (with a sideline in suggestive dancing!). Alas she came to a sticky end… It was called Son Of Samson…seen it?

[url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Lusiphur/PDVD_481.jpg[/url]

sorry…the dancing scene wouldn’t cap well…[/quote]

Thanks Silver. No, I’ve not seen Son of Samson. I’ve thought about buying the dvd but I was not sure of the quality. I had earlier bought Atlas In The Land Of The Cyclops and the quality was SO bad it made me hesitant to get this one. Did you see it on DVD?
She is also in Goliath & The Barbarians (available through Wild East). She does a sword dance in that one!
Thanks again.

[quote=“Romaine Fielding, post:7, topic:1208”]Good god almighty :P. Thanks Rev. “Darling Romaine”: heheh. That sounds so ridiculous. ;D What is that photo from? La Stada Dei Giganti? Man, would I love to see that.

Thanks Silver. No, I’ve not seen Son of Samson. I’ve thought about buying the dvd but I was not sure of the quality. I had earlier bought Atlas In The Land Of The Cyclops and the quality was SO bad it made me hesitant to get this one. Did you see it on DVD?
She is also in Goliath & The Barbarians (available through Wild East). She does a sword dance in that one!
Thanks again.[/quote]

The quality isn’t bad actually…either that or i’ve sat thru so much really crappy quality stuff that my senses are well and truly dulled… If you’re interested i can do you a copy. I’d send you the actual disc but it’s one of those double sided ones and the film i actually wanted is on the “b” side!

Thanks a lot but I got all worked up and ordered it already from Amazon after I read your last post! Heehee.
I appreciate the offer, though.
Do you care for Peplums? I have a hard time watching them. Maybe I need to be drinking some of the Rev’s cider to really get into them but I just find them tiresome (even with Chelo). I (almost) never feel that way about Spags.
They just seem so ridiculous (that can be bad or good, depending). I’ve only seen about 4 or 5 but the only one I did not get bored with nearly immediately was Hercules In The Haunted World. I still have not been able to watch Colossus Of Rhodes all the way through yet. And I really want to see it because of Leone.
It is a mystery to me why they were such a phenomenon. I’ve wondered if for Italians (with their classical history), if peplums access a deep (maybe not so deep) historical place in the collective imagination, ironically similar to what Americans experience with westerns?
What do you think of Sword ‘n’ Sandal flicks?

[quote=“Romaine Fielding, post:9, topic:1208”]Thanks a lot but I got all worked up and ordered it already from Amazon after I read your last post! Heehee.
I appreciate the offer, though.
Do you care for Peplums? I have a hard time watching them. Maybe I need to be drinking some of the Rev’s cider to really get into them but I just find them tiresome (even with Chelo). I (almost) never feel that way about Spags.
They just seem so ridiculous (that can be bad or good, depending). I’ve only seen about 4 or 5 but the only one I did not get bored with nearly immediately was Hercules In The Haunted World. I still have not been able to watch Colossus Of Rhodes all the way through yet. And I really want to see it because of Leone.
It is a mystery to me why they were such a phenomenon. I’ve wondered if for Italians (with their classical history), if peplums access a deep (maybe not so deep) historical place in the collective imagination, ironically similar to what Americans experience with westerns?
What do you think of Sword ‘n’ Sandal flicks?[/quote]

Personally i kinda like them if i’m in the mood for vegging. I’ve actually got quite a lot…about4/5 single releases and then a couple of box sets…one of which had 9 while the other has a whopping 50 of the damn things! Plus they can be funny for spotting the historical liberties they aften take. That said, i don’t feel the same way about them as the SW’s either. They’re amusing timewasters for me (well, some of them) but i wouldn’t fret if i never saw another one i guess. As for why they were so popular…not sure, but you’re probably on the right track with your guess!

Nothing.

I don’t like the bumptious and bombastic american ones, and I don’t like the Reader’s Digest like italian clones, which skipped the bombast (cause they hadn’t the money) in favor of cheap action, but kept the terrible false pathos.

One visual striking director was Vittorio Cottafavi.

I’ve seen two movies with Chelo recently:

Uomini Forte (Iron Men), a documentary about peplums
&
Goliath & The Barbarians (w/Steve Reeves)

In the docu she appears in film clips from earlier films. She does a dance that I am still recovering from watching.

She is the female lead in Goliath & The Barabarians. So, as a brunette, she is cast against type as a “good girl” (well, mostly).

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Anybody got a recent pic of what she looks like today?

When did she retire from acting? I think Night of the Serpent might have been her last movie. She’s not famous anymore so I doubt there are many of her today wise.

Hmmmm. I think I don’t want to know. I have not looked really hard on the net to find one.
Rosalba Neri appears in the Documentary I mentioned above (Uomini Forte) in interivews she did in 2006 at age 67. She looks just fine (in fact, she hardly looks her age). But Chelo is 76 now.
I want to know what she looks like but I don’t want to know either.

I’m getting ready to get another version of Atlas In The Land Of The Cyclops to try to upgrade to a better looking print. This one also stars Gordon Mitchell (or, as they mistakenly call him in Uomini Forte, Mitchell Gordon!)

Been a while since I looked into her life but I understand she married an Italian film producer, had a kid, got divorced (after many years), had a bed an breakfast inn (or something like that, maybe more high class) and breeded cats.

All I know is that she never returns my calls… :0 :wink:

[quote=“Romaine Fielding, post:15, topic:1208”]Hmmmm. I think I don’t want to know. I have not looked really hard on the net to find one.
Rosalba Neri appears in the Documentary I mentioned above (Uomini Forte) in interivews she did in 2006 at age 67. She looks just fine (in fact, she hardly looks her age). But Chelo is 76 now.
I want to know what she looks like but I don’t want to know either.

I’m getting ready to get another version of Atlas In The Land Of The Cyclops to try to upgrade to a better looking print. This one also stars Gordon Mitchell (or, as they mistakenly call him in Uomini Forte, Mitchell Gordon!)

Been a while since I looked into her life but I understand she married an Italian film producer, had a kid, got divorced (after many years), had a bed an breakfast inn (or something like that, maybe more high class) and breeded cats.

All I know is that she never returns my calls… :0 ;)[/quote]

Probably a good idea not looking too hard to see what she looks like today. Some time ago i came across some pix of an actor i used to have a bit of a crush on and it was not pretty. I guess often you can be pleasantly surprised, but on the whole it’s best to just keep viewing them in their prime and keeping your fantasies intact!

That said, i also thought Rosalba Neri looked good on the Uomini Forti doc, and so did Mimmo Palmara for that matter…

[quote=“Silver, post:16, topic:1208”]Probably a good idea not looking too hard to see what she looks like today. Some time ago i came across some pix of an actor i used to have a bit of a crush on and it was not pretty. I guess often you can be pleasantly surprised, but on the whole it’s best to just keep viewing them in their prime and keeping your fantasies intact!

That said, i also thought Rosalba Neri looked good on the Uomini Forti doc, and so did Mimmo Palmara for that matter…[/quote]

Yeah, Mimmo is quite interesting.
God, I watched Left Handed Johnny West recently (I can’t remember if I posted about it). That is a DREADFUL movie and NOT Mimmo’s best.
Alternatively, I saw him in Colossus of Rhodes recently too and he was a kick. He was VERY athletic.
When Wild East finally releases A Long Ride Fron Hell it is supposed to have an interview with him. Sounds promising

[quote=“Silver, post:16, topic:1208”]Probably a good idea not looking too hard to see what she looks like today. Some time ago i came across some pix of an actor i used to have a bit of a crush on and it was not pretty. I guess often you can be pleasantly surprised, but on the whole it’s best to just keep viewing them in their prime and keeping your fantasies intact!

That said, i also thought Rosalba Neri looked good on the Uomini Forti doc, and so did Mimmo Palmara for that matter…[/quote]

I’m always curious to know what SW actors look like today and what they’ve been up to since. I’m not one for fantasies, I just like to see how people age.

^Same here. Curious to know what Linda Veras, Nieves Navarro, Chelo, and all the main guys who are still alive look like. Google hasn’t yielded any pics. I guess they disappeared into obscurity.

Franco Nero and Eli Wallach look good for their age. With Clint you have to stand 20 feet away from him so you don’t get scared.

[quote=“Mrs Angel Eyes, post:19, topic:1208”]^Same here. Curious to know what Linda Veras, Nieves Navarro, Chelo, and all the main guys who are still alive look like. Google hasn’t yielded any pics. I guess they disappeared into obscurity.

Franco Nero and Eli Wallach look good for their age. With Clint you have to stand 20 feet away from him so you don’t get scared. [/quote]

I’m also curious Linda Veras and Nieves Navaro aka susan scott. I saw Wallach in a recent movie called the Holiday. I couldn’t believe it was him, take out the grey hair and its tuco all over again.