Cemetery Without Crosses / Une corde, un colt … (Robert Hossein, 1969)

I don’t think so. Do you know of a different one?

This guy?

Same guy, same scene as my pic after he walks over to the card table and looking down, holding his rifle on the Rogers card game.

Thats right. But is he the same as this guy?

Or is that guy the same as this guy?

I haven’t seen White Apache but that certainly looks like Bravo. The bottom pic is a different actor IMO. Where is that one from?
The French forum has a nice variety.

Yes, I think you are right.

He is the guy playing Aguila in a Town Called Bastard. For some reason I have been thinking he was Bravo.

I wonder how they got the rights to use French audio? Or maybe they just didn’t get permission and no-one complained. It’s a real shame Arrow couldn’t get it. I know they tried.

I watched this recently and never commented on it. The first five minutes of the film look like no other western and thats because of Hossein’s unqiue directing and the way he tells the story from behind the camera. After the dramatic hanging, we see a lone gunman, who puts on a black leather glove, is mean with a pistol, living in a ghost town, called upon to exact the revenge of Ben Caine, and has a dark, grim back story. Our lone gunman decides to undertake the mission to satisfy Maria, and the rest of the film speaks for itself. Maybe more of french film that an italian one, but it really is sharp and stunning. Its theme song is catchy, its ending cold, and its plot flawless. Not many flaws here.

1 Like

I watched Arrow Video’s DVD. Lovely print. It made me like the film even more than I did the first time I watched it. Without a doubt, one of the best spaghetti westerns ever made.

not the BluRay?

He hasn’t got a blu-ray player.

Oh no… :frowning:

Maybe I’ll get a Blu-ray player eventually but I can’t really be bothered paying out for one at the moment since most of my films are on VHS and DVD.

Well, I have no idea how you made it to DVD then :slight_smile:

It took me longer than most people to adjust to DVD. :smiley:

1 Like

Seriously you should adjust to blu-ray aswell :slight_smile: Way better picture-quality than dvd and unless you don’t have a HD TV not that big a cost. And hell some of the releases you buy are going to be combined blu-ray/dvd anyways.

Age old discussion obviously but I can only agree… but it’s not so much the quality (there are plenty of bad quality BluRays out there) but the sheer resolution… and only with 4K we are approaching the physical resolution of 35mm film, so we’re only getting close to the quality that the film’s material offers with the BluRay’s successor format

I stole this, but it doesnt even show VHS :wink:

. an

But 35mm film is seldom projected in a 42-65" frame :slight_smile: So some might argue that 1080p is more than enough. That said I am still going for a UHD tv when the one (normal full HD) we have now breaks down. Might be 10 years from now though :slight_smile:

it’s not about enough, it’s about authenticity. As a cineast I want to experience a film as close as possible to the director’s vision, and that is either 35mm film or a theatrical 4k exhibition

But that you will never achieve on a flatscreen tv anyway. Unless you have the room and money for a gigantic tv or a state-of-the-art projector.

But hey I want UHD too but it’s just a big pile of money to spend at the moment. A player costs the same as a small house and a decent UHD TV costs 2000 Euro or more (as far as I know).