Bullets Don’t Argue / Le pistole non discutono (Mario Caiano, 1964)

I´m not saying such ideas are non existent in movies from other countries. They also paint in the USA, but not like Caravaggio, you know what I´m saying.

I do

First time view this one. Koch disc is reat quality. Prefer some of the lower key music tracks to the main themes, but lovely hearing this score in full for the first time. Horst Frank was interesting, but then again did not mind Cameron as the older guy. Couple of far fetched things happen, which made me smirk a little. Mixture of Spaghetti and American elements helped this become a very enjoyable brew for me.

I watched this film today (Italian DVD). It was mostly entertaining, but quite a 50s B-movie feel as others have commented. The one thing which bothered me was the Mexican bandit, and his belief that they couldn’t attack because they only outnumbered the heroes 5 to 1.

I quite liked some of the locations (some of the desert scenes as was mentioned a few pages back, and the ghost town). I didn’t recognise the ghost town location; has it appeared anywhere else?

when horst frank died it’s like the movie stop playing…

I,m interested in the ghost town location as well…does,nt appear to be in mini hollywood Almeria or Italian studios but then it was a bit earlier and maybe the film sets we,re in the earlir making…any westerners out there with a keen eye…

This to me is the Spaghetti western that comes over to me as the most " Amercianised" and certainly agree it has a 50’s look to it. i liked it, i do find i like a lot of these earlier SW’S but as others have said " A Fistful Of Dollars" changed the face of the Spaghetti Western. Rod Cameron is ok but really too old and again like everyone else has mentioned Horst Frank is the best thing in the film and it was a shock when he is removed so early, and he is certainly more interesting than his younger brother character. an entertaining film that keeps you watching even though the ending is a bit of a let down. 6/10

I really enjoy this one, but then as a big Horst Frank fan I’ll watch anything he is in.

I reviewed the Italian DVD a while back - Le Pistole Non Discutono[/url]

The boxset it comes it is well worth picking up, also includes another pre-Leone title along similar lines [b][url=http://www.mondo-esoterica.net/Duello%20nel%20Texas.html]Duello nel Texas[url]http://www.mondo-esoterica.net/Pistole%20non%20Discutono.html[/url][/b]

This one feels like a it was made in 1968 to me, it has some great moments and is pretty fast paced… but it has one of the most overused premises in Westerns - where a sheriff takes prisoners back to have a fair trial.

But still this one is very enjoyable.

Still looking for ideas on the ghost town location…has anyone got information please

A quick look today turned up something:
Poblado del Oeste - Lega y Michelena (scroll down about 2/3s of the way)

Talanquera Remedios - Dehesa de Navalvillar (look at the bottom picture especially)

COMMISSIONER… Thanks for your time and effort in your reply…I will take another look at the film but think you may have solved the mystery…thank you again

I didn’t like this one…

this movie wanted to be like american westerns…

Like simple American B-westerns to be more precise.
In the 60s only a few US westerns were as naive as most of the early Italian westerns. Not to mention the Karl May stuff.

The Karl May stuff simple? Now come non! With their strong storytelling and powerhouse casting they’re solid genre classics.

Pfff, yes, 18,75/20 or was it 18,75/100 ?

This was MUCH better than I expected, despite its inevitable Americanisation. I really liked the music, oh and that ghost town set!

A work in progress:

1 Like

Final product!

2 Likes

It has a few corny moments but overall it’s a very entertaining film with excellent locations. Glad I decided to give this one a watch.

1 Like