British Comedy

Sounds interesting. Are you into genealogy then?

And getting slightly back on topic…another thing i hate is that “lad” comedy…

[quote=“Silver, post:21, topic:1397”]Sounds interesting. Are you into genealogy then?[/quote]Somewhat. My grandmother traced down my Spanish. Haven’t seen my family tree in a while. And couldn’t figure out those internet thing either.

on topic:

What is lad comedy? Never heard of it. I also have to admit I’m not the biggest fan of the Monty Python TVshow. It would have been a lot funnier without those damn laugh tracks. Totally ruins any weirdness that Python has. Same with Seinfeld.

[quote=“korano, post:23, topic:1397”]Somewhat. My grandmother traced down my Spanish. Haven’t seen my family tree in a while. And couldn’t figure out those internet thing either.

on topic:

What is lad comedy? Never heard of it. I also have to admit I’m not the biggest fan of the Monty Python TVshow. It would have been a lot funnier without those damn laugh tracks. Totally ruins any weirdness that Python has. Same with Seinfeld.[/quote]

I guess it kind of started really with a sitcom called Men Behaving Badly. These two men who basically get drunk, act like toddlers and generally piss of their long suffering girlfriends. Doesn’t work for me…plus in reality most women would chuck them pretty quickly…and probably do them an injury too. You see this kind of thing in tv adverts a lot too. Particularly the ones for WKD (vodka alcopops)…ie…a woman is having a nice relaxing bath, her bf comes in with a paper, sits on the toilet and takes a dump…then you get the tagline “Do you have aWKD side?”. So lame… If my own partner did that to me he’d be leaving the bathroom with no teeth…

Or maybe missing a certain body part… Sorry, thats man humor.

I liked Dick Emery, who had a regular show on U.K T.V many moons ago.

I’m a fan of British comedy

Among my favourites:

Fawlty Towers
The Office (wasn’t fond of Extras)
Black Books
Spike Milligan
Monty Python (admittedly it looks a bit dated today, and it sure was under-directed)
Open all Hours
The Royle Family
Footballer’s Wives
Hi di Hi

I remember watching Monty Python when I was in high school(the mid 70’s.) It was great back then but can’t watch it now. Used to watch Benny Hill(I think that was his name) back then too.

I like some British TV comedies… The Young Ones, Smack the Pony, Little Britain, and of course Fawlty Towers

I’m not into British comedy movies

I still like the Phytons very much. I love it hearing their voices.

I like One Foot in the Grave, Bottom, Mr Bean & Some Mothers Do Ave Em, and a few others… I don’t like My Family at all. I’m a big fan of Snatch as well.

70’s tv comedy is always good for a laugh, very saucy and un-pc!

I love the british tv comedy, some of my favorites:

Benny Hill
Monty Python
’Allo 'Allo
League of the Gentlemen
Bottom
Black Adder
Fawlty Towers
Keeping up appearance

I also like some older british comedy movies like Kind Hearts and Coronets, The Man in the White Suit…

Monthy Python is great fun. The Life of Brian is one of my favourite comedies. Too funny with a nice song at the end. :smiley: :smiley:

“Allo” Allo! I watched on Slovenian TV. Unfortunately this show was never screened in Germany or Austria. :wink:
Black Adder and Mr. Bean (not the Movie!) are also great.

I remember another british Serial “Only Fools and Horses” which was also great fun to watch.

The buck toothed vicar :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Mandy - ‘Oh you are awful…but I like you’ was a great character. I also liked Camp Clarence - ‘Hello Honky Tonks’ but he would be very politicaly incorrect by todays standards. Speaking of un-PC, I used to love Alf Garnett but you could get arrested for quoting some of his lines today!

Glad you remember Dick Emery ;).

Alf Garnett on one of his rants is great viewing, and so funny!

Eddie Booth from LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR made Alf Garnett look like a saint!

That’s true. I’m really surprized to see LTN available on DVD.

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:37, topic:1397”]Glad you remember Dick Emery ;).

Alf Garnett on one of his rants is great viewing, and so funny![/quote]

One of his most hilarious was a rant about the Irish - it had me in tears, and I’m Irish! You can see it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5iUoFeqHPM

I like Blackadder the best, and Rowan Atkinson’s one man show was hilarious…particularly the Shakespearean bit he did.

In movies the best ones I’ve seen recently are Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz!