[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases 📀

‘Cemetery Without Crosses’

Opening title sequence…

Should it be sepia…?

Should it be black and white…?

Why not just sit back with a potent drink of choice; a snack close at hand; and then simply savor a little-known, yet classic ‘Spaghetti Western’?

After all; for many years ‘Spaghetti’ fans have been moaning that the same titles were released over and over again…

How often does a company like ‘Arrow’ come along, that has made the decision to begin releasing the preferred genre of our choice?

Sit back and enjoy…

Personally, when I hold the premiere of ‘Cemetery’ in my home, it will be accompanied by a pre-viewing symphony of ‘Classic Spaghetti themes’; a chilled bottle of ‘San Miguel’ lager; a tapas bowl of green olives; a slab of Manchego cheese; and a generous portion of home-made Paella.

[quote=“Toscano, post:1441, topic:660”]a little-known, yet classic ‘Spaghetti Western’

After all; for many years ‘Spaghetti’ fans have been moaning that the same titles were released over and over again…[/quote]I woludn’t say it was “semi-obscure” or “little-known”, maybe to those who’s only foray into Spaghetti Westerns are films from the three Sergio’s or those Arrow fanboys who don’t know what they’re buying but buy it just because it’s Arrow (there’s a hell of a lot of them about,lol ;D) but a “classic”, totally agree. 8)

And it’s not like it hasn’t been released a good few times over the years on tape and disc either in various places.

Anyway, enough of that, let’s listen to this great track :slight_smile:

[quote=“Sebastian, post:1440, topic:660”]Get Mean
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Blue_Underground/Disc_Announcements/bluray-will-get-mean-this-fall/24462[/quote]

Looking forward to this, hopefully there will be more Tony Anthony Blu’s coming out in the future too.

Oh Yeah! Its about time ;D ;D.

Very nice :slight_smile:

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:1442, topic:660”]I woludn’t say it was “semi-obscure” or “little-known”, maybe to those who’s only foray into Spaghetti Westerns are films from the three Sergio’s or those Arrow fanboys who don’t know what they’re buying but buy it just because it’s Arrow (there’s a hell of a lot of them about,lol ;D) but a “classic”, totally agree. 8)

And it’s not like it hasn’t been released a good few times over the years on tape and disc either in various places.

Anyway, enough of that, let’s listen to this great track :slight_smile:

Was never quite sure how it got to be considered “obscure” when it’s in the top 20. Also, in the top 5 title tracks :smiley:

Well, that’s basically the vast majority of the movie-watching public, isn’t it? I’d go further: Most peoples’ only foray into the world of the Spaghetti Western is not the movies of the three Sergios, it’s just the one Sergio. I think that every Spag bar the Dollars trilogy and OUaTitW for sure, and possibly Duck, You Sucker and the Trinity movies, can be considered “obscure”, “little-known” or, at best, “semi-obscure”. I would consider Cemetery Without Crosses to be little-known, certainly. Criminally so, yes, but little-known nonetheless. Merely IMHO, of course.

Can I ask Yod, what the catalyst was for the Arrow hatred? All I can see is a more-or-less consistently decent outfit, providing feature-packed, lovingly crafted blu-rays/DVD releases of oft-forgotten gems…?

Sounds beautiful Toscano, you’re a man after my own heart. I watched Cemetery Without Crosses last night with a home-made baked puff-pastry tart of Chaource cheese, beef tomato, jalapeños and olives, with a big bottle of Cobra lager. The wife wasn’t keen but, well, f*ck it. She made me watch season three of Episodes for the previous two nights.

‘Last Caress’…many thanks for your kind comments. Your own ‘menu’ sounds pretty good, too!

I hope you enjoyed ‘Cemetery Without Crosses’. My copy arrived today, so I’m looking forward to the coming weekend…bring on the ‘San Miguel’ and olives!

Well I can’t speak for Yodlaf but there was a time when I would not have bought anything released by Arrow (except perhaps spaghetti westerns). They released those shitty scans from shitty Italian labs that other companies still use (like BU, 88 Films in the UK for some discs, X-Rated Blus from Germany/Austria and so on). And then the forum associated with Arrow (I honestly can’t remember who owns the forum or anything) was filled with people who either thought the transfers were the greatest thing ever and/or didn’t want anyone to criticize the releases. I don’t want to remember all the bullshit. :wink: And add some mods who were the same (they were from some kind of PR firm for Arrow or something?) and some bans and finally I thought fuck them all. :wink:

Then James White joined and now they release mostly quality stuff and doing a lot of their own scans. So I don’t really have problem anymore and will gladly buy the stuff that interest me like the spaghetti westerns and Italian crimes. And their encodes are generally excellent nowadays… David Mackenzie (who wasn’t there in the beginning) might be the best in that the business and from what I have heard he uses free software.

Doesn’t mean there won’t be mistakes made sometimes.

I was slightly involved in one of their recent releases though so perhaps I can’t be objective anymore. :wink:

Anybody else get a shipping delay from Amazon for Cemetery without crosses?

Yes, mine is delayed

Oh yeah, Amazon asked me if I still wanted it? I was like sh*t yeah I still want it.

Amazon shows it now in stock and says my order is preparing for shipment.

[quote=“last.caress, post:1447, topic:660”]Can I ask Yod, what the catalyst was for the Arrow hatred? All I can see is a more-or-less consistently decent outfit, providing feature-packed, lovingly crafted blu-rays/DVD releases of oft-forgotten gems…?[/quote]They’ve only recently become (sort of) decent, but they won’t be getting me to buy their stuff again, I used to, but got fed up wasting money on their sub standard releases.

All the releases (quite a few too) I bought of theirs had better releases elsewhere, and I’m not talking about releases a lot later on down the line (which you would expect to happen anyway), I’m on about releases already out or came out soon after, also the extras on the majority of their discs were appalling, especially the High Rising Productions one, god awful overlong animated intros made to pad out the running time to make the extras look longer than what they are.

They claim to be “From the fans, for the fans” but didn’t hardly have a clue, they were told The Beyond should have a sepia start when they made it black and white, but decided to put it out anyway thinking no one would realise, then after so much backlash they decided to correct it, only for the Arrow following fanboys to praise them for doing the right thing for “the fans”, little did they know they hoped they wouldn’t have realised in the first place.

Another thing I can’t stand are the over the top Arrow fans who wouldn’t give a fuck about most of the films if their beloved Arrow didn’t put them out, and when they fuck up (let’s be fair, all companies can fuck up sometimes, but none so much as Arrow) they come out with all kinds of excuses for loving what they’ve done, there’s loads but here are a few examples I can think of.

“I like The Beyond with a B & W start, makes it more eerie”

“I quite like seeing The Bird With A Crystal Plumage in this new ratio, a new and exciting way to watch the film, keep up the good work Arrow”

“I think Zombie Flesh Eaters is better with the missing 4 (or was it 6?) seconds on the boat, it makes it tighter edited thus making it a more overally enjoyable viewing experience”

There so many more thing like this.

“May I suggest you check out some Mario Bava films, I think you’ll like them”

“Thanks, but I just checked his filmography and there’s nothing there that interests me”

A short while passes then the same person comes out with

“Arrow are releasing some Mario Bava classics, I can’t wait”

Like I said a lot of these so called fans (obviously not everyone who buys them but there’s a huge percentage of them) are fans of the label, not the films themselves.

I’ve missed shitloads out I could say that I don’t like about them, but no doubt you get the drift.

Also that awful Cult Labs forum (Cunt Labs more like it) full of misinformation from the clueless made out to be fact, if anything was said about any Arrow products that wasn’t praise you’d get a warning and end up getting booted out for hardly any reason at all.
They were rampant at closing threads and posts not wanting anyone to pick up on anything they put out that was shoddy hoping they’d buy it.

Yes, I know they have improved the last year or two but as they say once bitten… (or in my case, many times bitten!)

[quote=“Sundance, post:1449, topic:660”]And then the forum associated with Arrow (I honestly can’t remember who owns the forum or anything) was filled with people who either thought the transfers were the greatest thing ever and/or didn’t want anyone to criticize the releases. I don’t want to remember all the bullshit. :wink: And add some mods who were the same (they were from some kind of PR firm for Arrow or something?) and some bans and finally I thought fuck them all. ;)[/quote]That’s one of my reasons.

I was interested in them at first, then slowly but surely started to really hate them.

How long has the ‘Arrow’ company been going for?

I first heard of it only very late last year, and started buying a few titles, occasionally. I must admit, there’s a lot of stuff that I’m simply not interested in; and, personally, I’ve never seen the point in buying blurays - or dvds - just for the sake of the name of the Company that’s releasing it. Besides, how many people can nowadays afford to buy everything that comes out…whatever the Company is that’s releasing it?

But, I’d love to know a bit more from other people about the Company’s early days. Was it really that bad? and when did it start to improve?

Many thanks.

I like arrow discs usually because of the special features, or more precisely, audio commentaries.

They haven’t been doing any on the westerns which is annoying, but I have some hope for the future

I couldn’t care less about the company. I’m only interested in the films and the quality…

And I must say, I have bought Arrow’s Django: Prepare a Coffin, Day of Anger and now recently Cemetery without Crosses. But only because they’re of great quality. And I will probably buy Requiescant as well…

[quote=“Mad Max, post:1458, topic:660”]I couldn’t care less about the company. I’m only interested in the films and the quality…

And I must say, I have bought Arrow’s Django: Prepare a Coffin, Day of Anger and now recently Cemetery without Crosses. But only because they’re of great quality. And I will probably buy Requiescant as well…[/quote]
I also have Django: Prepare a Coffin but unfortunately I don’t share your enthusiasm about quality.
caps-a-holic.com comparison: Blu-ray DE vs. Blu-ray UK [url]http://www.caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleiche/multi_comparison.php?disc1=3260&disc2=2699&hd_multiID=404#auswahl[/url]

Arrow as a company stretch back to the days of VHS but I’m not sure how much the current incarnation has to do with that era.