[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases 📀

sweet

[quote=“Lonedrifter, post:4, topic:660”]Check it out:

Hopefully will have the extended and theatrical versions.[/quote]

I like it that there is an Italian audio option on the Blu-Ray.
I bought 2 DVD versions, one with Italian audio.

1 Like

OK, GBU has been in my Blu Ray player for a few days now. I haven’t yet been able to watch the entire movie, but I’ve browsed through my favorite scenes. The animated menu’s look pretty cool. The extra’s are identical to the ones on the SE DVD, with the addition of Frayling’s commentary. I’ve only heard bits and pieces so far, but it’s OK so far. In the end, it’s all about image and sound. Both of which are very good imho. I do agree with some reviews elsewhere that the image is a bit soft at times, but this is hardly a real issue. The movie never looked and sounded better! It’s just great to watch it on my 42 inch plasma TV with master audio pumping Morricone through my speakers…I can just recommended to everyone! And please, don’t complain about a few lip sync issues, as they are very hardly noticeable and part of the charm of SWs…So get up, get out and get it!

send me some money and I will :stuck_out_tongue:

I have to disagree with anyone who says the GBU blu-ray looks good. Personally I think it looks like shit, based on the screenshots I have seen. Granted, screenshots won’t tell everything, but I am sure they tell enough.

It doesn’t look like film at all. But I guess that is how the majority wants it considering how many shitty blurays have been released and will be released (and how blu-ray.com and other sites give 5/5 to all kinds of shit). :stuck_out_tongue:

The transfer does appear to be very uneven though and some scenes look very different.

Anyways, if I ever buy this MGM release it will be only so that I can make my own screenshots to compare with hopefully a better release (I hope the Italians will come to rescue but I’m not sure if they can release it with English audio…).

GBU bluray = shit
FOD bluray = superb

In my opinion. :stuck_out_tongue: ;D

I have now seen the german release og TGBU on blu-ray and the picture is excellent on my Pioneer plasma. I am using a Sony PS3 and had to upgrade to the latest firmware in order to play the disc. The picture quality is way above the ordinary DVD release. The sound is ok, but I am not so fond of 5.1 on older movies. It does not sound natural. However the disc also include the mono track. Highly recommended.

[quote=“Sundance, post:25, topic:660”]I have to disagree with anyone who says the GBU blu-ray looks good. Personally I think it looks like shit, based on the screenshots I have seen. Granted, screenshots won’t tell everything, but I am sure they tell enough.

It doesn’t look like film at all. But I guess that is how the majority wants it considering how many shitty blurays have been released and will be released (and how blu-ray.com and other sites give 5/5 to all kinds of shit). :stuck_out_tongue:

The transfer does appear to be very uneven though and some scenes look very different.

Anyways, if I ever buy this MGM release it will be only so that I can make my own screenshots to compare with hopefully a better release (I hope the Italians will come to rescue but I’m not sure if they can release it with English audio…).

GBU bluray = shit
FOD bluray = superb

In my opinion. :stuck_out_tongue: ;D[/quote]

Well, I’ve watched it a couple of times on my Playstation 3 and Samsung 46…and it completely spanks the DVD version.

I just wish the HD standard hadn’t been locked in so early. Everyon eis thrilled with it, and yet really, it’s not even a 3mp image being blown up to huge sizes. Too bad it hadn’t been set up as a 3000 or 4000 pixels wide image to really pull more out of these 35mm originals.

Comparing the Bluray to DVD is like comparing DVD to VHS.

I’m sure it is much better than the DVD. They probably used the same source they used for the DVD, so they would have to fuck it up real good for it to look worse. But I’m not happy with ‘better than DVD’ when it is clear it is not nearly as good as it could be. (Might be more forgiving with some other title, but we are now talking about the best movie ever :wink: )

The screenshot I linked to is absolutely horrible, it is fortunate the entire film doesn’t look like that. In fact, I have seen some more screenshots since my last post and I’m willing to take back some of what I said. Mostly the transfer actually seems ok if not even good. But it could be much more.

Oh and MorganKane, it does include something they call mono, but I have understood it is actually the 5.1 track made into mono, so it has the new gunshot sounds?

Indeed, they did only a superfluous mono remix of their “famous” 5.1 track. Another chance wasted.

Probably been mentioned before elsewhere but this seems like the right topic. Silver Saddle is coming on BlueRay from German SunFilm:

http://www.amazon.de/Silbersattel-Blu-ray-Giuliano-Gemma/dp/B002DOSVFC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1245308049&sr=1-1

[quote=“Søren, post:30, topic:660”]Probably been mentioned before elsewhere but this seems like the right topic. Silver Saddle is coming on BlueRay from German SunFilm:

http://www.amazon.de/Silbersattel-Blu-ray-Giuliano-Gemma/dp/B002DOSVFC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1245308049&sr=1-1[/quote]

Bizarre choice, I would’ve expected Django first, especially in Germany …

wtf, wasn’t this just released on dvd by koch media!? has this whole world gone crazy?

Does anyone know if Sunfilms release their blu-ray region free?

[quote=“Søren, post:30, topic:660”]Probably been mentioned before elsewhere but this seems like the right topic. Silver Saddle is coming on BlueRay from German SunFilm:

http://www.amazon.de/Silbersattel-Blu-ray-Giuliano-Gemma/dp/B002DOSVFC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1245308049&sr=1-1[/quote]

Looks like it at the moment that it isn’t being released.

wouldn’t surprise me. that company? and that movie? never made any sense

The local shops where I live have reduced the range and / or stopped selling Blu Ray discs.

Yes!

It is a weird movie to put out on BlueRay for sure but according to dvd-palace.de it is coming August 14th:

http://www.dvd-palace.de/datenbank/blu-ray/52165.html

so there’s still hope for you on the BlueRay-train :slight_smile:

i think we concluded this one’s not gonna happen? not sure though

http://videociak.net/customer/product.php?productid=23103&cat=&page= :wink:

Doesn’t seem to have an English track but I don’t care as long as it looks good.