Beyond the Frontiers of Hate / Al di là dell’odio (Alessandro Santini, 1972)

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this link. This English version is shorter than the French DVD version unfortunately.

1 Like

From memory, the film is abysmal but it might be worth a watch with the English dub. I doubt I’ll lose any sleep over the missing footage though.

Just watched this one. Or at least I think I did. Matalo! is a paragon of concise and linear storytelling compared to this. I couldn’t tell if it was meant to be a comedy or a drama or some kind of subversive art film. At times it felt like a cheapo cut-and-paste job. Plot-wise, I was baffled. If anybody could explain it to me, that would be much appreciated. Not only some of the most atrocious on-screen acting I’ve witnessed, but probably the single worst English dub track I’ve ever heard on a SW, to boot; one can only assume the dubbing artists were taking the piss (one Native American identifies himself as “Big Chief Hot-and-Cold Running Water”, as if named after a kitchen tap). Pretty cool death-by-snakes sequence. But Jeff Cameron as a Native American, replete with silly wig and deep tan? I’m not buying it. Stolen music cues. Mismatched film stock. Endless scenes of the cavalry riding. I have a pretty strong constitution for this kind of stuff, but this film might be the worst I’ve seen, at least in recent memory. And the joke is on me: I didn’t watch it on Youtube but actually paid money for a bootleg. Opinion is subjective, of course, but I think The Man with A Name is right in his assertion above: this is an abysmal film, period.

1 Like

Frontiers of Hate has been updated to the new layout (3.0). Let us know if you can add anything: pictures, posters, trivia, facts, figures, links, etc…

1 Like