Best SW settings

autumal?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Not the season, the mexican part of the Elios Studios.

OHH ;D

AHA!! :wink:

To the seasonal part:

I rather like autumnal settings, like in Chuck Mool or Today It’s Me
 Tomorrow It’s You!

A thread which may be of interest:

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/forum/index.php/topic,845.0.html

I agree. I like all the settings but the ghost town whether dirty, gritty, dusty or muddy. The town in Django is a perfect example. Reminds me of many scenes in the classic Horror films that I love.

1 Like

I like the towns. But I like the mexican setting, desert setting, snow setting and north american setting too.

To me the desert is the best setting for a western as nothing grows there the scenery can become a sort of metaphor for death. But all wild landscapes will do for me.

I like the desert too. Also reminds me of the Eagles. They should have asked The Eagles for the soundtrack of Young Guns II instead of that jackass John Bon Jovi.

But I like autumnal westerns and westerns set in the snow too; like desert westerns they both tend to have a melancholic, downbeat atmosphere and I prefer my westerns to be like that

Hungry Bear: you could shoot a desert western in the Drunense Duinen, it’s of course not a real desert (just imagine: a desert in Holland!) but it has the feel of it, a very lonely, melancholic place
(spent a lot of time there when I was in the army, a very sad period of my life)

My favorite SW setting is the Saloon interiors, especially when they are lavishly designed and decorated like in Day of Anger and Sabata.

Fuck, I’m beginnning to sound like queer eye for the straight guy LOL.

About landscapes: My personal favorite western is The great silence

Drunense duinen, that’s Brabant? Holland is quite difficult with fake guns.

Belgian Ardennes is nice, 'cause it gives sort of an adventure feeling to my crew and the “golden years” of the territory were around 1800 to 1900.
Next weekend I go overthere 'cause I still have some contact with locals over there (I need horses and people who know how to ride them) For desert I’m trying to find a spot in Germany, on old “bruinkool-velden” Anaway I’ll think about the Drunense duinen.

The pict I try to post is in Ardennes an antique tramway in the hills

(I have some trouble posting pictures on this forum)

The same that was used for De Indringer (The Intruder)?

For pics: download ImageShack and make an account, it’s free and so far I had no insurmountable troubles with it

I don’t think it’s the same.
(I think it would be on the website of the tramorganisation)