Best Book

Yes, I understand that it’s made of solid gold and you must dress in a poncho and manipulate rival factions of booksellers successfully to obtain it. ;D

guess it all depends on what you’re after. reviews, an encyclopedia, images, analysis, background stories, a history of the genre, more about the people, more about the context…etc

;D.

[quote=“Romaine Fielding, post:17, topic:812”]SPAGHETTI-HEROES: DJANGO - SARTANA - RINGO (COVER C) [BOOK + DVD]

$64.95
Publisher: MPW
Genre: Spaghetti Western

260 page hardcover book from Jasper P. Morgan chronicling the 3 heroes of the Spaghetti Western: Django, Sartana and Ringo. Hundreds of full color stills, lobby cards and posters of Spaghetti Westerns along with full plot summaries, reviews, commentaries and cast / crew details for films from the early days of the genre through it’s glory days.

The book is split into 3 main parts detailing the Django, Sartana and Ringo films along with their many offshoots. Full German and English text is included along with a DVD for Umberto Lenzi’s A GUN FOR ONE HUNDRED GRAVES. A true must have for fans of not only Spaghetti Westerns, but also aficionados of European Cult Cinema.

Approximately 8.5" x 11" / 21.5 cm x 28 cm - 3lbs - Full English and German text[/quote]

Despite it’s incredibly high price I went ahead and ordered this from xploited. I just got it. It is fantastic!
Page after page after glossy page of photos and graphics. I have not read any of it yet (it’s in English and German) but just based on how it looks, it is a great book. Not quite as large in format as the Glittering Images, Western All’Italiana books (but very close). But it is even better than the Western All’Italiana volumes in terms of graphics (and they are the best books on spaghettis that I have seen)!
This book focuses, obviously, on the Django/Sartana/Ringo movies only.
So…re-finance your homes, sell your children, take up bank robbery, but get this book!

can you put what you just posted up as a mini-review with the book’s database page?

Seb, if this book already has a datbase page I could not locate it. If it does not have one, it is beyond my ablity to create a page. Maybe I just did a poor job of searching, but I did not see it. Sorry.

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Spaghetti_Heroes:_Django_-_Sartana_-_Ringo_Jasper_P._Morgan

there we go, created the page and added some info and the covers, already put your quote in there, feel free to modify (beware i’m still editing this at the moment)

[quote=“Sebastian, post:27, topic:812”]Spaghetti Heroes: Django - Sartana - Ringo - The Spaghetti Western Database

there we go, created the page and added some info and the covers, already put your quote in there, feel free to modify (beware i’m still editing this at the moment)[/quote]

Thanks!

de nada

[quote=“Romaine Fielding, post:17, topic:812”]http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/spaghettiheroes-django-sartana-ringo-cover-book-p-13998.html

SPAGHETTI-HEROES: DJANGO - SARTANA - RINGO (COVER C) [BOOK + DVD]

$64.95
Publisher: MPW
Genre: Spaghetti Western

260 page hardcover book from Jasper P. Morgan chronicling the 3 heroes of the Spaghetti Western: Django, Sartana and Ringo. Hundreds of full color stills, lobby cards and posters of Spaghetti Westerns along with full plot summaries, reviews, commentaries and cast / crew details for films from the early days of the genre through it’s glory days.

The book is split into 3 main parts detailing the Django, Sartana and Ringo films along with their many offshoots. Full German and English text is included along with a DVD for Umberto Lenzi’s A GUN FOR ONE HUNDRED GRAVES. A true must have for fans of not only Spaghetti Westerns, but also aficionados of European Cult Cinema.

Approximately 8.5" x 11" / 21.5 cm x 28 cm - 3lbs - Full English and German text[/quote]

I’ve had a chance to read through this book a little bit. After reading some of it, though certainly not all, I would have to say that there are lots of things/evaluations that fans on this forum would find to disagree with.
Basically, the author lists each film that he considers to be a Django or Sartana or Ringo film and evaluates it. He rates them on a scale of one to six bullets. I disagree with some of his ratings as I know others would as well. But, since I don’t expect everyone to agree I don’t mind this.
A few of the points that I disagree with: He disses Duel In The Eclipse (one bullet), he rates Return Of Ringo only five bullets, he rates Vegeance as six bullets (I personally don’t care much for this Richard Harrison/Claudio Camaso film and would not rate it so highly, certainly not as one of the best of the genre)
The great thing about this book (and I think anybody who sees this book would agree) are the posters, photos, lobby cards, etc. that are reproduced. There are literally hundreds in full color.
I spent a couple of hours just looking through it.

… and it comes with a DVD :wink:

Hmm, I noticed at the bottom of the xploited page for this Spaghetti-Heroes book, a section entitled: “Customers who bought this product also purchased…” and one of the films was this:

http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/ragazzina-cover-gloria-guida-p-13687.html

Now which of you spaghetti western fans has a fetish for 16-year-old virginal schoolgirls? Come on, confess! The law has a few dollars on your head.

And please tell me the names of similar films. For research purposes of course! ;D

I bought the book also and found the photos and posters etc. worht the investment. I don’t care what he rates the films as that’s his choice. After a while I did get tired of him just rambling on to fill page space. He seemed to repeat the same stuff over and over again dependin on whether he liked the film or not. I did pick-up a few things I was not aware of as far as voice actors etc. Like I said in the beginning it’s worth the price just for the posters and photos. Don’t rely on it as a SW bible or an in depth study of the genre. Look at it as a fan treatment and you’ll be fine.

Is that a trick question ?

I’m definitely gotta get that Kesse Teens-release. Have put it on my want-list for future purchase… :slight_smile:

If you like movies with an erotic and comedic touch you should definitely take a look at the Flotte Teens-releases being put out in Germany at the moment. With participation from the likes of Gloria Guida, Edwige Fenech and the likes… You would have to have German or Italian language skills though as they are with Italian/German dub and German subtitles only. Also the two Sex With a Smile-movies both by Sergio Martino would be to your liking. They can be had relatively cheap and are both English dubbed. Enjoy !

And you can buy a cover for the DVD for only euro 9.50… :o

I recently got a book from xploitedcinema. covers all the Sartana, Django, Ringo films. comes with A gun for hundred graves dvd too

I’ve got a new book called A Violent Professional: The Films of Luciano Rossi by Kier-La Janisse
It is wonderful.
I think the thing I may like the most about Spaghettis is the great number of character actors who appear and reapear with such regularity.
This small book (about 130 pages) is an homage to one of the most entertaining among them.
It would be great if there was a book like this for many of the other worthies (pick your favorite!)
@ Silver- Rico Boido writes a short introduction to this book. Rick Boyd would be a great subject for a similar book.
This book discusses every film (Spags & non-Spags both). of Luciano Rossi. It is full of great pictures and graphics. Luciano Rossi made a career of dying gruesome deaths and the author is kind enough to include pictures of many of them.
All in all, a great little book. Spaghetti (and Italo-crime fans) will be delighted.
Nice job Ms. Janisse!

[quote=“Romaine Fielding, post:37, topic:812”]I’ve got a new book called A Violent Professional: The Films of Luciano Rossi by Kier-La Janisse
It is wonderful.
I think the thing I may like the most about Spaghettis is the great number of character actors who appear and reapear with such regularity.
This small book (about 130 pages) is an homage to one of the most entertaining among them.
It would be great if there was a book like this for many of the other worthies (pick your favorite!)
@ Silver- Rico Boido writes a short introduction to this book. Rick Boyd would be a great subject for a similar book.
This book discusses every film (Spags & non-Spags both). of Luciano Rossi. It is full of great pictures and graphics. Luciano Rossi made a career of dying gruesome deaths and the author is kind enough to include pictures of many of them.
All in all, a great little book. Spaghetti (and Italo-crime fans) will be delighted.
Nice job Ms. Janisse![/quote]

I read something about this book a little while ago. May have to get it myself sometime…didn’t know about the introduction though, that would be real interesting i’m sure. Oh and i live in hope that maybe Rico will get his own book some day :wink: :smiley:

[quote=“Romaine Fielding, post:37, topic:812”]I think the thing I may like the most about Spaghettis is the great number of character actors who appear and reapear with such regularity.
It would be great if there was a book like this for many of the other worthies (pick your favorite!)[/quote]

I’m the same RF. One of the most pleasurable parts of watching a spaghetti for me is watching the opening credits and scanning it for familiar favourite names. I’ve become like Pavlov’s dog in this regard. I only need to see certain names now to make an instant judgement of the film’s quality and am enjoying the thing before it has even started.

I’m a geek I know. But a happy one. :slight_smile:

Welcome to the club :D.