Bandidos (Massimo Dallamano, 1967)

I think it’s much better than Death Rides a Horse.

It definitely is, and it’s much better than Day of Anger aswell.

Check this one out on Youtube, it’s actually far better quality than most dvd’s I’ve seen. The only problem is the aspect ratio is wrong, but it barely affects viewing. I think it’s safe to say that this is in my top five favorites list.

2 Likes

I like DoA and DRaH alot but they do not match the quality of Bandidos, wich is a pure masterpiece.

1 Like

I’d rank the three like this:

1. DOA
  2. DRAH (both in top 15)
  3. Bandidos (in my top 60 somewhere. Re-watching via a good release might change that though).
1 Like

Download it with Real Player and correct the AR

I’ve had that version for a while now. Dual audio aswell!

Way ahead of you. Already did it and It looks like I’m watching a really good dvd lol, no real shame in it as I’ve already paid for a dvd copy so why not have one that actually looks good?

What’s the file size and bitrate of yours? Mine is a miserly 1822 kb/s and weighs in at 1.15gb. Also do you know the source of that print? The German and American dvd’s don’t hold a candle to this rip in terms of quality.

1.87GB & 2951kbps.

It’s just a rip of the French Artus DVD synced with English audio. Nothing special really.

Got it, thanks for the info man. I’ve just been curious about where this nice rip came from, and if the original CG file was any better.

Yeah the one I have is English & Italian audio, but there is a larger one which includes French audio. No subtitles, sadly.

Pallocchia could be Luciano Doria’s real surname. I’ll try to find out more…

The magnificient train intro scene makes you think the rest of the movie will be as unforgettable in a style similar to OUTW but in reality the rest of the movie is not memorable at all. It is literally the only highlight of the competently directed movie. I somewhat did not believe Venantini’s character had been Salerno character’s student. Maybe it was the little age difference that made it unbelievable for me. We’ve seen a student turning on his mentor quite a few times. Day of Anger being probably the best of them (that would be a good poll topic and I bet there is some). In this case Salerno picks a new student and wants to use him against his former now evil student. He teaches him how to shoot, the lessons are boring and so is the rest of the movie. Oh Salerno is crying the entire time he is on the screen… He does it plausibly but it is somewhat pathetic. I forgot what happens next… I don’t know what part in the movie played the student, if he was just a tool or if he had his own motives. I’ve seen it 3-4 times and I can never remember what happens next. It is just that bland.

Let me refresh your memory!
5Dgy

2 Likes

It’s funny how Cinemageddon material is allowed to be shared here as long as it’s put on YouTube first. Anyone else’s BS detector go off?

1 Like

Yep! LOL :wink:

1 Like

Huge new essay by @davidgregorybell

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Dallamano's_Bandidos_Essay

Three great sketches from Renato Casaro

4 Likes

We need a blu-ray of this little classic. Was just watching the other day. Definitely in my top 3 wanted pasta blu’s.

Re-watched this for the first time in probably about nine years the other night. Certainly liked it a bit more than I remembered albeit not loads. I think it’s a good variation in the master/pupil theme but I don’t think it’s as good as DOA or DRAH, largely because I prefer Van Cleef to Salerno by some way. As much as I love spaghetti’s ‘…Solange’ remains my favourite Dallamano film.