Bandidos (Massimo Dallamano, 1967)

also in mine top 20, and i like it a litle more than ā€˜death rides a horseā€™
the only thing i donā€™t like itā€™s in some scenes you donā€™t see the light from the barrel of the guns when they fire only see the smoke

also deserve this a blue ray release!!
sinister cinema version was not so well transfer

I had read some good comments of this so I decided to watch Bandidos myself. I was quite happy with the movie because the plot is fast paced and thereā€™s enough interesting scenes with good atmosphere (for example that train scene in the beginning is truly great). I got to admit that this is quite typical SW with revenge theme BUT that Richard Martin character (played wonderfully by Enrico Maria Salerno) is the thing why I liked Bandidos in the end. Also Egisto Macchiā€™s soundtrack is beautiful and I totally enjoyed it. These kind of things make Bandidos better than just average Spaghetti western, recommended for genre fans!

3,5+ / 5 stars from me.

Hi everyone,
The Sinister Cinema release is it uncut??

Seems to be slightly cut - 2 mins missing which isnā€™t too much.

Thank you

two minutes??? what they cut??? shootings or dialogs?? please answer me please

Dunno. The database mentions that the uncut version runs two minutes longer (just like German DVD). It seems itā€™s the longest version available now.
BTW, glad youā€™re back sartana1968. You havenā€™t been here for a while. :wink:

Itā€™s very minor, one dialogue scene and the train sequence goes on a little longer, if Iā€™m not mistaken. There is a German DVD that is completely uncut, but I think itā€™s OOP. I donā€™t know why they made these small cuts, there seems to be no special reason for it. The NEW disc most perobably used the Japanese disc as a source, so the japanese company made the cuts (or got hol of a slightly vcut version). Thereā€™s no violence missing.

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Bandidos_DVD_Review_(NEW)

[quote=ā€œMickey13, post:108, topic:207ā€]Dunno. The database mentions that the uncut version runs two minutes longer (just like German DVD). It seems itā€™s the longest version available now.
BTW, glad youā€™re back sartana1968. You havenā€™t been here for a while. ;)[/quote]

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:109, topic:207ā€]Itā€™s very minor, one dialogue scene and the train sequence goes on a little longer, if Iā€™m not mistaken. There is a German DVD that is completely uncut, but I think itā€™s OOP. I donā€™t know why they made these small cuts, there seems to be no special reason for it. The NEW disc most perobably used the Japanese disc as a source, so the japanese company made the cuts (or got hol of a slightly vcut version). Thereā€™s no violence missing.

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Bandidos_DVD_Review_(NEW)[/quote]
thanks for the information, the only thing down with the sinister release itā€™s the very bad picture, does the german release has a good picture and a clean english audio?
i know there is very expensive almoust 40 dollars and more an ebay

[quote=ā€œsartana1968, post:111, topic:207ā€]thanks for the information, the only thing down with the sinister release itā€™s the very bad picture, does the german release has a good picture and a clean english audio?
i know there is very expensive almoust 40 dollars and more an ebay[/quote]

Itā€™s a mediocre DVD (the NEW DVD that is); I also have a copy op de Japanese DVD (from cinemegeddon, I guess), havenā€™t watched that yet.

i think is just the same level with Wdjango! dvd good picture and crap english audio ???

1 Like

There are 2 German DVDs. The not so good ons is uncut but only 1,85:1, while the New DVD is similar (identical?) to the Japanese one: 2,35:1 and slightly cut .

Nah, thats a very good release

horrible english audio believe me i had the dvd

Good movie with a terrific opening scene that whips the first twenty minutes of the film past like it was two minutes. Fantastic performances from two of the three leads (Enrico Maria Salerno and Venantino Venantini - were they in many others? They should have been), and the other guy, the Clint Eastwood/Giuliano Gemma stand-in, Terry Jenkins, was alright too. Things donā€™t work out for all concerned and the ā€œheroesā€ are hardly heroic, but isnā€™t that so often the Eurowestern way? Final showdown was a little overlong, obviously spun out to ramp up the tension but I wasnā€™t feeling it. That aside, I really enjoyed it. Not one to cheer along to like a Sartana flick, itā€™s a bit more contemplative than that. Not a ā€œhap-hap-happyā€ film. But a goodā€™un. I really like these Spags that hang off of a teacher/pupil framework.

BANIDOS!!! always my favorite
blue ray demand

I really need to watch this film. I hear it supports a downbeat ending (of which Iā€™m a fan). Now just need to dust the sucker off and give it a day in court.

Iā€™ve got this one playing right now. So far, so good.