Bad news for the good Reverend Danite!

According to the internet today, the planned tax on cider is to be scrapped anyway. see rev, the lord listens to your prayers! :slight_smile:

Not scrapped - postponed according to Labour. They would intend to reintroduce it, but it’s looking unlikely they’ll get back in though. I don’t think the other parties would dare.

Not a very popular thing to do putting up the price of a person’s drink to that planned extent, and a bit silly doing when we have a general election coming up.

Funny I just saw this topic. I’ve been drinking alot of woodchuck lately.

Oooo! I’d never heard of this stuff. We don’t get it over here (I don’t think). Just been having a look at their site. That 802 (the dark one) sounds interesting, but I reckon the Granny Smith one would be nearest to my taste.

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:22, topic:2286”]Not scrapped - postponed according to Labour. They would intend to reintroduce it, but it’s looking unlikely they’ll get back in though. I don’t think the other parties would dare.[/quote]i stand corrected sir. we don’t want any of this crap anyway, aren’t we taxed enough? bastards!!all the bloody politicians!