Bad/Funny SW Cover Art

Whoooooooooooo. Hallelujah? Where?!

Have you guys ever noticed how badly LVCā€™s head is photoshopped in this mgm dvd? Bad cover otherwise too imo.

1 Like

Yes, very ugly looking DVD.
A typical donā€™t-buy-it cover.

The 3 MGM Sabata DVDs donā€™t look much better.

Bad photoshopping you sayā€¦ :

Take a look at Jeanne Moreauā€™s face on this Swedish dvd cover of Viva Maria.

LVC on that horse has bad proportions, if he had right measures i would like this cover, especially back cover is greaaaaaaat

well, i have few czech dvds with really awful covers, so, hereĀ“s one for Oggi ame, domani a te
what a great opportunity to screw good film in nice digipack

but, this one is maybe worse, and it is like stabbing me in the back
guess a SW cover?

on Trinity movie it would be probably great, but on the Boot Hill?
my favorite SW and they made it looks like comedy flick >:( , now what do you think of that, Stanton

I think if it is your favourite SW why it ainā€™t on top of your top 20?

(Cover is not that bad, but yes, wrong movie)

[quote=ā€œStanton, post:28, topic:1232ā€]I think if it is your favourite SW why it ainā€™t on top of your top 20?

(Cover is not that bad, but yes, wrong movie)[/quote]

ooops, i meant one of favorites

but if this is still a good cover for wrong film, the printing on dvd is like from Lucky Luke movie or something like Botte di Natale
but i have no picture of it
nevertheless, dvd menu is from Boot Hill at last

ā€¦and something for contemplation
how this could happen? how this idea of ants came up?

Well that is not too strange really. The ants are of course the workers in the movie that Hill actually crushes a few of to stop the rebellion that would otherwise arise.

It is the original artwork too by the way so not some deranged Danish dvd publishers idea of a joke :slight_smile:

[quote=ā€œSĆøren, post:32, topic:1232ā€]Well that is not too strange really. The ants are of course the workers in the movie that Hill actually crushes a few of to stop the rebellion that would otherwise arise.

It is the original artwork too by the way so not some deranged Danish dvd publishers idea of a joke :)[/quote]

itĀ“s strange for me, when this cover/poster was for dead-serious movie - i think, Hill even didnĀ“t smile in it
itĀ“s just evoking inappropriate expectations about the movie - like when Boot Hill DVD was released in Czech
with that trinity like cover and plenty of people bought it, because they thought it is a comedy film (and then they were dissapointed)

ā€¦and that idea of ants as analogy to workers in rebellion, even if you put it in this direction, i still consider it as a gaudiness

hereĀ“s something what i like, imo great cover on digipack - and miraculously no one wanted to sell it as Django title in Czech rep

Hereā€™s a really funny one from my collection. Lee Van Cleef looks more like Rambo!

3 Likes

The artwork on the South African VHS of Execution is hilarious! Iā€™m not sure who the guy on the front is supposed to be but the back is just stills from The Grand Duel with a synopsis (if I remember correctly) that has nothing to do with the film.

1 Like

Wow, thatā€™s justā€¦ wow! :grin:
Rambo Cleef with small head shooting some pink confetti in the air. Also it looks like someone glued a sword to his small hand.

2 Likes

Yes, itā€™s priceless :joy:

Makes you wonder if the artist who composed that looked down at his art board when heā€™d finished,nodded his head and said to himself ā€œGood job.ā€

1 Like