Are these spag westerns worth hunting down?

HEY AMIGOS IM SURE THERE ARE LOTS OF US INTERESTED IN CERTAIN SW’S WE HAVENT SEEN,AND THIS SITE PROVIDES AN EXCELLENT FORUM FOR US TO RECIEVE “EXPERT INSIGHT” FROM THOSE WHO HAVE SEEN THESE FILMS,AND TO HELPS US DECIDE IF THEY ARE WORTH HUNTING DOWN.SO HERES SOME FILMS THAT HAVE PIQUED MY INTEREST IF YOU HAVE SEEN ANY OF THEM PLEASE RATE.
“A LONG RIDE FROM HELL”
"A GUN FOR A HUNDRED CROSSES’
“GET MEAN”
“BLACK KILLER”
“BEAST”

Oh, I already answered for " a lonf ride from hell" on different topic but here goes: decent film starring muscleman Steve Reeves. It starts promising when Reeves is thrown in the Yuma prison which is like hell on earth. But it gets little boring towards the end. I’d recommend it.

“Beast” is definitely a film for Kinski fanatics only. Really bad movie and only reason I’d watch it again is Kinski.

same thing goes actually for “Black Killer” but it’s much better film, good music, strange characters and weapons…

thanks alot, bill :wink:

i just ordered long ride from hell on ebay from obscura dvd,hope its good.

Amazon now has VENGENCE starring Richard Harrison,has anyone seen this?is it good?

“Vengeance” is, IMO, the second best Margheriti western, after “And God said to Cain”: Highly recommended :slight_smile:
“Get Mean” is not in everyones taste, I imagine, but I like it :wink:

how’bout these? DEGUEJO and DUST IN THE SUN.

I’ve seen Deguejo but it’s been long time since I watched it so I can’t really remeber much about it. Not that good film anyway.

found a mexi-western while browsing amazon called GUNS AND GUTS(1974) just curious if anyone has seen it or heard of it.

[quote=“JONAH HEX, post:1, topic:212”]HEY AMIGOS IM SURE THERE ARE LOTS OF US INTERESTED IN CERTAIN SW’S WE HAVENT SEEN,AND THIS SITE PROVIDES AN EXCELLENT FORUM FOR US TO RECIEVE “EXPERT INSIGHT” FROM THOSE WHO HAVE SEEN THESE FILMS,AND TO HELPS US DECIDE IF THEY ARE WORTH HUNTING DOWN.SO HERES SOME FILMS THAT HAVE PIQUED MY INTEREST IF YOU HAVE SEEN ANY OF THEM PLEASE RATE.
“A LONG RIDE FROM HELL”
"A GUN FOR A HUNDRED CROSSES’
“GET MEAN”
“BLACK KILLER”
“BEAST”[/quote]

Remember that the title precise it was A GUNMAN FOR HUNDRED CROSSES / Una pistola per centro croci (but the italian title translate are just a GUN for a hundred crosses) and entirety BLACK KILLER has been directed from Carlo Croccolo, a famous director in Italy in years ’ 80 (but not for western…in those years 85% of the directors made western for the affluence of public in cinema)

This is one of the instances where a stringently low budget kind of works against Una pistola per centro croci: this one was sort of hard to follow, lacked energy and had sort of odd pacing. Kendall is good but one doesn’t get the impression he has handled a gun very much, and the catfight scenes are actually more exciting than the traditional action interludes, which sort of shows the director acknowledging that there was something lacking.

Instead, Black Killer are a good spaghetti western, that is really fun. Kinski is cool as the weird lawyer that has a strange habit of transforming he’s law books into deadly weapons. Great soundtrack and some nice cinematography gives the film good atmosphere and it’s well worth the watch.

I don’t have seen Get Mean, but creed is not a interesting…

Oh man, I just watched Get Mean. My verdict: NOT RECOMMENDED.

I knew this was strange film but usually like these unusual spaghettis like Death walks in Laredo or Django Kill! But unfortunately Get Mean is just stupid film. There’s only few western moments then it switches to fantasy film, stupid comedy and Indiana Jones-type adventure. There’s some good action in the end but not even nearly as cool as in Stranger series.

Check it out if you’re big Tony Anthony fan, otherwise I wouldn’t recommend it.

hello, has anyone seen the following movies? ACQUIESCANT JOE , JOE NAVIDAD if so please rate.thanks

Do you mean “Acquasanta Joe”, its an ok western, its not shit but it’s not that great either, there is a U.K. DVD available of it.

Yeah, a more mediocre film with a few good moments.

thanks fellers.i found it cheap at luminous video wurks .com and was curious.

Acquasanta Joe’ is not worth the money in my opinion I rate it as worst I have on dvd togheter with ‘Kid Vengance’

[quote=“Dorado, post:16, topic:212”]Acquasanta Joe’ is not worth the money in my opinion I rate it as worst I have on dvd togheter with ‘Kid Vengance’[/quote]yeesh! i’ll will avoid like the plague.i didnt think anything could be as bad as kid vengeance.

I agree! Watching ‘kid vengeance’ was real torture for me. Not even Lee Van Cleef (my favourite SW actor) could save that crap.

Yep, Kid Vengeance is pretty bad!

I have to agree with you, Kid Vengeance is one of the worst westerns I’ve seen.

Any opinion on these films/dvd’s?

Last Gun (dorado films)
Now They Call him Sacramento (dorado films)
Rattler Kid (Jef films)