Apples vs. pears

The idea to this thread was born when I read another thread…

:wink:

Widely considered to be the two finest fruits ever produced.

My vote goes to apples.

I understand pears are one of the most influential fruits of all time, but I just can’t get past the bland taste. Normally when I eat a fruit I’ll eat it twice, the first time focusing on the structure and taste, second time on technical side. After eating a pear for the first time I found it really difficult to eat one a second time.

Though the structure of the pear is quite complex, metaphorically seen a image of the modern man. I thinks that’s why you had so much trouble with the second eating.

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:2, topic:1841”]Widely considered to be the two finest fruits ever produced.

My vote goes to apples.

I understand pears are one of the most influential fruits of all time, but I just can’t get past the bland taste. Normally when I eat a fruit I’ll eat it twice, the first time focusing on the structure and taste, second time on technical side. After eating a pear for the first time I found it really difficult to eat one a second time.[/quote]

lol.

Anyway, pears for me.

Pears, wouldn’t turn down a pear… though I might turn down an apple (unless it was green).

Broke my tooth last time I had an apple so not had many in recent times. Never liked the taste of pears.

Beginner’s mistake Ennioo! Apples should always be pulped, followed by being juiced, and then fermented. After a few months maturing they should be then quaffed aplenty.
No trouble for the teeth this way - unless you bite the floor on the way down.

And pears?

Reminds me, one of my favourite westerns is still Django the Appel (directed by Federico Forlini), a rather pearless classic I would recommend to everyone.

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:7, topic:1841”]Beginner’s mistake Ennioo! Apples should always be pulped, followed by being juiced, and then fermented. After a few months maturing they should be then quaffed aplenty.
No trouble for the teeth this way - unless you bite the floor on the way down.[/quote]
;D
Nice to know the Cider King is still watching over us.

Pears.

Woh

Thanks for the tip Reverend :wink: .

There is also apple pie :wink:

[quote=“Novecento”]Don’t forget those Asian apple-pears:

[/quote]

I used to get those in New Zealand. They’re called Nashis and they are delicious. Crisp like an apple, juicy like a pear. :-*

Depends on the type of apples vs the type of pears. I love some apples but those yellow ones… :-[
The Apple pears are good.

I vote for pearsnapples.

Apples are best know for their performance in The Wizard Of Oz for being thrown at Dorothy & The Scarecrow “Are you hinting my apples aren’t what they ought to be?”. They also had a major role in Snow White.They have also been name dropped in Good Will Hunting “How do you like them apples?”, quoted in titles like The Apple Dumpling Gang, are on the world’s largest line of MP3 players/computers & are the nickname for one of the World’s biggest city, The Big Apple. Pears are best known for growing inside Schnapps bottles.

Isn’t there a scene in Hole in the Forehead where Anthony Ghidra eats and apple.

[glow=red,2,300]APPLES [/glow]
They have more vitamins and APPLE STRUDEL is one of the best dessert ever. :slight_smile: