Anybody own The Comedy Spaghetti Western Collection?

Does anybody own this 3 disc set by Neauveau which includes both Trinity films (on one disc) and both Nobody films?

Here is the link to the product: http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/comedy-spaghetti-western-collection-movies-dvds-p-11838.html

If you own it how is the quality? Is it full cut? Are there better versions out there? Should I buy this or get the movies separately from another company?

[quote=“mrchallenge, post:1, topic:708”]Does anybody own this 3 disc set by Neauveau which includes both Trinity films (on one disc) and both Nobody films?

Here is the link to the product: http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/comedy-spaghetti-western-collection-movies-dvds-p-11838.html

I have it, but unfortunately due to the long backlog of films i have to watch, haven’t viewed it yet, apart from to make sure that the discs actually worked that is! Looking at the box, it says they are all 16:9 anamorphic widescreen. Running times are listed as;

They Call Me Trinity - 106mins
Trinity Is Still My Name - 107mins
My Name Is Nobody - 112mins
A Genius, Two Partners And A Dupe - 117mins

Hope that helps a bit…

If you own it how is the quality? Is it full cut? Are there better versions out there? Should I buy this or get the movies separately from another company?[/quote]

Thanks for the info Silver. I’m still not sure whether I should get this box, or the Hens tooth Region 1 Trinity collection.

can someone comment on this box further?

i really need to get these spaghetti comedies. i loved my name is nobody, and i need a copy of this… and the others in this collection are highly desirable and somewhat rare it seems.

is this good quality? it sounds really good.

I don’t have the box set but I have all the discs included in it purchased individually.
The quality of the discs are good. At least they are for the Trinities and MNIN. I haven’t actually watched Un Genio.

thanks a lot. this seems like a good deal. i need to get a region free dvd player first, and then i will buy this and death rides a horse (uk mgm).

I don’t know for Trinity films, but the best versions of My Name is Nobody/Nobody’s the Greatest are German Paramount/Tobis releases.

I have since gotten the hen’s tooth versions which are good but I’m still not sure if they are the best versions to get. They are high quality though.

I have the My Name is Nobody release by image entertainment. I think its the best R1 version to get. Although the german paramount discs seem tempting as well, but I heard from sundances.net that it suffers flag problems on certain players.

I have yet to see Genius, and don’t intend to since I"ve heard its terrible.

I was due to buy the 3 disc set by Nouveaux but after a bit of research I opted for the german paramount releases of the Nobody films (double set) which are indeed very impressive. Excellent quality and the documentaries on this set are are very detailed and worthwhile too.

From memory I did not notice any problems regarding the flags at least on PC equipment, I will check again later and report back. Unless anyone else has some comments?

For the trinity films I have the Nouveaux, again a good release. Sundances also mentions cuts in this version?

The 3 disc set looks a good buy but the Paramount Nobody release swung it for me. Lots of extras and very good transfer. It would be useful to know more about the flag problem though before parting with the cash.

As promised the screenshots from the Nobody is the Greatest german paramount disc. I can only test on a PC at the moment.

There does seem to be a problem as mentioned at sundances, to be honest it didn’t seem to be that bad when watching. It occurs at scenes with high movement only. Looks like an interacing problem but i’m no expert with this?!

In anycase you can always set deinterlace manually on VLC player etc to correct as the second image.

Aw decisions huh!

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

Updated the catalog

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Argent_Films_DVD_catalog

I have it. The only flaw is that the sound isn’t very good on Trinity Is Still My Name.

You should give it a try. I watched it and enjoyed it. 3/5. The remastered print in this set helped the film a bit, I think.