Alternative Top 20

I officially ask for an update of the Database page :wink:

I’ll do it before too long.
To be honest it doesn’t change much as people submit lists for this quite rarely and I don’t change it every time. Only now and again when there are enough changes to make it worth the time.

Maybe this will further motivate an update. I actually got 20 titles together that I’m confident with this time.

Old list:

[s]Johnny Hamlet (1968) (Enzo G. Castellari) Texas, Adios (1966) (Ferdinando Baldi) Pride and Vengeance (1968) (Luigi Bazzoni) Long Days of Vengeance (1967) (Florestano Vancini) Have a Good Funeral, My Friend... Sartana Will Pay (1970) (Giuliano Carnimeo) Django the Bastard (1969) (Sergio Garrone) The Stranger Returns (1967) (Luigi Vanzi) The Stranger and the Gunfighter (1974) (Antonio Margheriti) Trinity is STILL My Name! (1971) (Enzo Barboni) Beyond the Law (1968) (Giorgio Stegani)[/s]

New list:

1. ÂĄMĂĄtalo! (1970) (Cesare Canevari)
  2. Cut-Throats Nine (1972) (Joaquin Luis Romero Marchent)
  3. Johnny Hamlet (1968) (Enzo G. Castellari)
  4. Texas, Adios (1966) (Ferdinando Baldi)
  5. Pride and Vengeance (1968) (Luigi Bazzoni)
  6. Long Days of Vengeance (1967) (Florestano Vancini)
  7. Have a Good Funeral, My Friend… Sartana Will Pay (1970) (Giuliano Carnimeo)
  8. A Stranger in Town (1967) (Luigi Vanzi)
  9. Django the Bastard (1969) (Sergio Garrone)
  10. The Stranger Returns (1967) (Luigi Vanzi)
  11. And God Said to Cain (1969) (Antonio Margheriti)
  12. The Stranger and the Gunfighter (1974) (Antonio Margheriti)
  13. The Bounty Killer (1967) (Eugenio MartĂ­n)
  14. Trinity is STILL My Name! (1971) (Enzo Barboni)
  15. 10,000 Dollars Blood Money (1967) (Romolo Guerrieri)
  16. Vengeance Is Mine (1967) (Giovanni Fago)
  17. Navajo Joe (1966) (Sergio Corbucci)
  18. Beyond the Law (1968) (Giorgio Stegani)
  19. A Bullet for a Stranger (1971) (Giuliano Carnimeo)
  20. Death Sentence (1968) (Mario Lanfranchi)
                                                            1.The moment to kill
                                                            2. a pistol for ringo
                                                            3.sartana
                                                            4.hole in the forehead
                                                            5.fury of johnny kid
                                                            6.Garringo
                                                            7.The Bounty Killer
                                                            8. Minnesota clay
                                                            9.no room to die
                                                           10.johnny yuma
                                                           11.one silver dollar
                                                           12.anda muchcho,spara
                                                           13.johnny hamlet
                                                           14.pistoleros
                                                           15.kill them all,come back alone
                                                           16.vengeance is mine
                                                           17.$10.000 blood money
                                                           18.they call him cemetery
                                                           19.i want him dead
                                                           20.dead men don't count

In my alternative top20 I chose spags which are not in both official top20 and my top20.

1. A Minute to pray and the Second to die
  2. Bandidos
  3. A Bullet for Sandoval
  4. Death Sentence
  5. Garringo
  6. Killer Kid
  7. I Am Sartana Your Angel of Death
  8. Have a Good Funeral, My Friend… Sartana Will Pay
  9. And God Said to Cain
  10. Cowards Don’t Pray
  11. A Train for Durango
  12. Shoot the Living and Pray for the Dead
  13. Kidnapping
  14. John the Bastard
  15. Texas Adios
  16. God Made Them… I Kill Them
  17. Sabata
  18. Light the Fuse… Sartana is coming
  19. Dirty Outlaws
  20. Kill the Wicked

You’re allowed to list films in your personal top 20, just not in the official top 20, but good looking list there Adam!

thanks :wink: I know the rules it was my choice not to include films from my top20, because i want to distinguish more spags ;D

After much procrastination the Alternative Top 20 has finally been updated to reflect all votes to date.

Only a few changes but nice to see Bandidos and Sabata making the cut now.

On a side note, I find it interesting how some films which used to rank highly on this list have dropped like a stone more recently. Thinking specifically of stuff like Mannaja, Black Jack, Django the Bastard, Cut Throats Nine, Hellbenders etc. Meanwhile, the Sartana flicks have steadily risen. Not sure if this is due to changing tastes or just the wider range of people voting.

Could also be due to new home video releases widening the exposure of certain films.

Death Sentence in Alternative Top 20. Finally!

I’m glad Bandidos is now in, but I think some of the new arrivals don’t deserve alternative top 20. But that’s just me.

Except for California these are all films I like. At least to a certain extent.

I think all are valid choices but it surprises me how some of them make the Alternative Top 20 but are not even in the Top 50 of our regular chart. The Bounty Killer, A Stranger in Town and Vengeance is Mine being prime examples. Meanwhile, films which only just miss out on the main chart are nowhere to be seen here. The first Sartana film, for instance as well as Tepepa and Mannaja.

Heck yeah! Nice to see Bandidos in there as well. Too bad, Black Jack, fell out though.

“Meanwhile, films which only just miss out on the main chart are nowhere to be seen here. The first Sartana film, for instance as well as Tepepa and Mannaja.”

Well the top 20 changes all the time, so the list of films that qualify for the alternative 20 would change as well. So a film that used to be in the real top 20 but has recently dropped out will not get many votes for the alternative top 20 because it used to be the real top 20 hence nobody voted for it for the alternative top 20.

Shit I’m confused.

Oh! Didn’t spot it. Sad indeed, it deserves to be in Alternative Top 20.

@ the Colonel.

Actually there was some change on the # 20 position when Phil started the Alternative top 20, but in the last years (since Return of Ringo entered the top 20) the first 20 seem to be fixed. Meanwhile The Return of Ringo and Run Man, Run gain a large lead to their follow-ups.

Means there’s no longer any confusion which films are eligible and which not.

These 3 were sometimes at the # 20 position:

If You Meet Sartana Pray for Your Death
Blindman
Sabata

Wider avialability with certain titles, the changing nature of the Top 20, the fact that these are film which are disccussed a lot more often, means they’re at the forefront of our mines and hence don’t seem to be “under-rated”.

I think that now the alternative top is better :slight_smile:
I don’t like only “Johnny Hamlet” and “They Call Me Cemetery”.

…my Alternative Top 20 list:

1. And God Said to Cain
  2. Taste of Vengeance / Coward don’t pray / I vigliacchi non pregano 1969
  3. A Pistol for Ringo 1965
  4. Forgotten Pistolero 1969
  5. Massacre Time 1966
  6. At the End of the Rainbow / Dead Men Ride / Anda muchacho, spara 1971
  7. Sabata 1969
  8. Tepepa 1969
  9. Kill the Wicked! 1967
  10. Shoot the Living and Pray for the Dead 1971
  11. If You Meet Sartana Pray for Your Death 1968