Alejandro Jodorowsky in Spain maiking a "Metaphysical Spaghetti Western"!

I wasn’t so impressed with The rainbow thief,
It explained to me a lot reading somewere that Jodorowski was treathened by the producers to be fired on the spot if he would chance anything in the script.

Santa Sangre was nice, but El Topo and the Holy mountian great

Not really on topic, but closest I could find…

Anyone know if the recent Jodorowsky blu rays are out of print now?

I recently sold my Jodorowsky box set, planning on replacing with the blus, and just saw that The Holy Mountain blu ray is selling at ridiculous prices on Amazon and I don’t see any copies listed for sale on ebay. I’ve had them in my Amazon wishlist and Holy Mountain just recently went out of stock, third party sellers are asking $95+ and it isn’t listed as “More copies on the way” like Amazon usually does when they run out.

El Topo is showing only a few copies left in stock… wondering if I should go ahead and purchase it before they run out. Gotta have El Topo on blu, and will be bummed if Holy Mountain is OOP now

Looking around a bit, can’t find any info on the actual release being OOP but seems like it probably is. Out of stock everywhere and high prices all around…

I hope they will make a re-release then. I was thinking of getting it myself too.

btw, has anyone here seen the new Jodo film Dance of Reality? Or the documentary about his Dune project?

Lucked out and a local shop had a couple of copies in stock, bought both of em. One for me and one to pay for my purchase :stuck_out_tongue:

Still haven’t seen the new one. And I haven’t heard anything about this documentary? Whats it called? I gotta see this… the never made Dune is stuff of dreams…

I think it was called Jodorowsky’s Dune. It was shown here in Finland on movie festival couple of months ago but I didn’t have time and the money to go see it at that time.

Here’s the trailers:

Interesting… Thanks for bringing this up! ;D I gotta remember to get this when its released here.

Sony Pictures Classics has announced that they will distribute Jodorowsky's Dune (which premiered at Cannes on May 18th) in North America on March 7th, 2014.

Went ahead and ordered El Topo also while the blu is still available and cheap. I assume it will probably soon become sold out also, although Holy Mountain is a more popular film right now.

I still gotta watch some of the stuff from the previous DVD boxset, like the La Constellation documentary and still haven’t watched Fando y Lis yet.

Also haven’t watched any with the Jodorowsky commentary. I rarely get around to checking out commentary tracks, but looking forward to these.

I’ve truly attempted to dig his films, but something about that puts me off. I can’t really put a finger on it…

Looking more into the Jodorowsky comics and came across his work with Moebius, The Incal, which from what I’m reading is supposed to be similar to what Jodorowsky wanted to do with Dune. There’s also a prequel series called “Before The Incal”

Getting all of 'em now

Incal is amazing, one of the greatest comics i’ve read. My favorite series from Jodorowsky is Incal spin-off, Metabarons.

I have the oversized deluxe edition of Technopriests, its great. I have the small size Metabarons, I find it difficult to read.

[quote=“Hungry_bear, post:21, topic:1885”]I wasn’t so impressed with The rainbow thief,
It explained to me a lot reading somewere that Jodorowski was treathened by the producers to be fired on the spot if he would chance anything in the script.[/quote]

Just reading a bit about this film, as I forgot about it and was gearing up to get a copy. Now I’m unsure as to whether its worth viewing:

This was Jodorowsky's fifth feature-length film, and his first British film. Filming was carried out in Gdańsk, Poland. He was frequently threatened by the producers not to change anything in the script, effectively restraining further artistic involvement from his behalf. Jodorowsky has since disowned the movie.

I guess there is some discussion about the film in the documentary La Constellation Jodorowsky, which was included in the Anchor Bay Jodorowsky boxset. Have had that sitting by my player for the last couple weeks, will have to watch it soon.

In the meantime, I have since gotten Metabarons & Technopriests, as well as some other Jodorowsky comics. Really looking forward to reading all this stuff, they all look excellent.

For anyone interested who isn’t aware, ABKO has re-released the out of print blu rays for Holy Mountain & El Topo. Its the exact same release as before, just without the Anchor Bay logo on the box.

The price for those blu rays was up to $100 on ebay while OOP, so I would get these while available if you want 'em.

Also, Jodorowsky’s latest film Dance of Reality is also available on dvd and blu ray now. I’m still waiting to see the film in theater first though.

Yeah been waiting on that release as not much chance I will be able to see it at a theater here.

The Dune documentary was pretty interesting